Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire S upgraded to Sense 3.0 - how to go back to previous sense version

Options
  • 06-11-2012 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

My HTC Desire S phone recently upgraded itself to the HTC sense version 3.0 and currently running android version 2.3.5.

The new Sense version currently has a ring which I need to push to the centre in order to unlock the phone- instead of the swipe which was there previously. I preferred the swipe as I felt it was handier.
    Also when the phone rings and I dont wish to answer a call , I have to pull the ring up to an red X button. I dont really like this either and I preferred the old system.

Also the transition screen as I move from one screen to another is now in 3d instead of being linear slider. I would prefer to go back to what was there before.

How can I get back to the old version HTC sense??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

kala85 wrote: »
    My HTC Desire S phone recently upgraded itself to the HTC sense version 3.0 and currently running android version 2.3.5.

The new Sense version currently has a ring which I need to push to the centre in order to unlock the phone- instead of the swipe which was there previously. I preferred the swipe as I felt it was handier.
    Also when the phone rings and I dont wish to answer a call , I have to pull the ring up to an red X button. I dont really like this either and I preferred the old system.

Also the transition screen as I move from one screen to another is now in 3d instead of being linear slider. I would prefer to go back to what was there before.

How can I get back to the old version HTC sense??
    Long story short but you need to downgrade your misc_version and then find the correct RUU for your device for an older version of Android and install that.

There is potential to damage your phone beyond repair if you don't know what you are doing.

Judging by your post I would advise you against doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭kala85

Is there any other version I can upgrade to in order to get back the swipe function on the phone? it seems when I get a phone call and I wish to answer it , i pull the ring up to the red button , it just brings me to the end call screen, whereas previously it had just diverted the call to voicemail all in one go.

I am also due an upgrade in the next few weeks. If I upgrade my phone to a HTC one X or HTC V , will i be left with the same interface. If I change to a samsung phone - say galaxy S3 will it be left with the swipe interface rather than the rings??

How difficult is it to

" downgrade your misc_version and then find the correct RUU for your device for an older version of Android and install that."

Is there any other version I can upgrade to in order to get back the swipe function on the phone? it seems when I get a phone call and I wish to answer it , i pull the ring up to the red button , it just brings me to the end call screen, whereas previously it had just diverted the call to voicemail all in one go.
    No.
    I am also due an upgrade in the next few weeks. If I upgrade my phone to a HTC one X or HTC V , will i be left with the same interface. If I change to a samsung phone - say galaxy S3 will it be left with the swipe interface rather than the rings??
    All will have the ring functionality.
    How difficult is it to

" downgrade your misc_version and then find the correct RUU for your device for an older version of Android and install that."
    It all depends on your level of expertise with technology, whether you are confident you can right any problems that may occur and whether you are willing to research how to do it/figure it out on your own.

Kavrocks wrote: »
    No.

All will have the ring functionality.

It all depends on your level of expertise with technology, whether you are confident you can right any problems that may occur and whether you are willing to research how to do it/figure it out on your own.
    If I brought it to a phone shop could they do it?

Thanks for the replies. I am just wondering if the upgrade to the new version of sense is properly completed on my phone - if i upgraded to a newer version again would the sense interface perform better??

If I brought it to a phone shop could they do it?
    It depends as in my previous comment but they won't do it.
    Thanks for the replies. I am just wondering if the upgrade to the new version of sense is properly completed on my phone - if i upgraded to a newer version again would the sense interface perform better??
    Sense is a load of crap no matter what way you look at it. Try a factory reset.

• Advertisement

Kavrocks wrote: »
    It depends as in my previous comment but they won't do it.

Sense is a load of crap no matter what way you look at it. Try a factory reset.

why do you say that ?? I thought that the HTC interface was fairly good until I got the softwear upgrade.Im just wondering what would the phone be like without the HTC sense on it . What would the interface be like?

why do you say that ??
    What?
    I thought that the HTC interface was fairly good until I got the softwear upgrade.Im just wondering what would the phone be like without the HTC sense on it . What would the interface be like?
    Until Android 4.0 I agree but after no way, there is a huge cost to it though, processing, memory and battery.

The interface would be like the Nexus experience (I prefer it), also called Vanilla Android. Try googling them.

Advertisement