Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Music Player - "Couldn't play track that you requested"

Options
  • 06-11-2012 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Tried to put some music on the N7, most tracks are working, but others are not.

They're MP3 files and I keep getting the error Couldn't play track that you requested.

I've downloaded Winamp and same thing.

Anybody come across this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Have you tried using power amp?

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

I've used VLC, Winamp, everything, doesn't work. Don't want to try Power Amp as it's a paid for app that I don't really need.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Is it possible that the MP3 files are corrupt, can you play them on the computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭van damme

I'm having a similar problem at the moment. Some albums (which I downloaded from iTunes) were working previously but have suddenly stopped working. I think it was about 2 weeks ago when they stopped working.

I'm using the default Music player that ships with the Samsung Galaxy SII.

They're mp4 files - has Android suddenly stopped supporting these? Message that I get is, "Sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file."

I'll try downloading another Player. If that doesn't work, I'll try converting to MP3 to see if that works. Not sure what has happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Mine stopped playing .wma files before, converting to MP3 fixed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Nope, they play on my SIII and iPhone 4S as well, so I'm confused as to why they won't play on the N7.

They play fine through the computer also.

Advertisement