Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Townhouse bar

Options
  • 10-04-2015 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

What's the story with the Townhouse? Was it flooded and never repaired?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

It's still not reopened? Tragic! It was a nice spot, especially since they started doing loads of different beers. The location was great! The couple of small gigs I went to there were also nice and intimate.

I'd love to see the salthouse move there, to have more space.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Ah I loved the townhouse!

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Methinks it could be a difficulty getting insurance that is the real reason for the place remaining closed.

westy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Rent is also a b!tch for that building, so taking into account the flooding and everything else you need one hell of a business to open up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Brother used to work their, the flooding took its toll on those who were renting it, that and it was fairly quiet during Winter months, think those who were renting are renting another place in town which is meant to be going good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

The flooding wrecked the place and then not long after the building was hit by lightning.

Can't see it re-opening. It was a great spot

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Bring back Bazaar I say

• Registered Users Posts: 9,951 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Bring back The Punchbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Terrible lighting outside. Never knew if it was open and terrible bar staff when I did go into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Terrible lighting outside. Never knew if it was open and terrible bar staff when I did go into it.

Townhouse or Bazaar?

Thought the Townhouse staff were gems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

inisboffin wrote: »
    Townhouse or Bazaar?

Thought the Townhouse staff were gems.

Last time I went there I had a lad behind the bar roll his eyes because I looked for a pint while he was having a chat about the match the night before with his mate. Didn't go back after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Last time I went there I had a lad behind the bar roll his eyes because I looked for a pint while he was having a chat about the match the night before with his mate. Didn't go back after that.

Jaysus I was expecting much worse from "terrible"! If I didn't go back every time I 'interrupted' a bar staff in Galway in a chat, I'd have nowhere left to go! :P

Seriously though, pity that happened to you. As I said they were nothing but nice every dealing I had with them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I thought the bar staff were grand there, only one bar in town that there is a wanker of a barman working in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭yer man!

Make it an upstairs bar/restaurant :-P

Advertisement