Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skerries to Citywest - any tips?

• 11-02-2008 9:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all,
    I have just found out that I will be relocated to citywest very soon. I'd really appreciate some advise in terms of what times I should leave both Skerries and Citywest so as to avoid as much traffic as possible. Unfortunately it looks like the working hours may be 9 - 9.30 or 5.30-6pm. Is there any point going the back roads or should I keep to the M50?

Thanks

CBG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

No back roads from Citywest to Skerries that I know of which would save you time. You'll be stuck in Traffic alot at those times too. There's no public transport thats quick and reliable either for that journey. I know of people that leave at 3:30 or 4 to try and beat traffic but they're also in by 7am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

If you are relying on the car all the way, the M50 is going to take a minimum of an hour on a good day and early departure; realistic times are 100 minutes. The only short cut in terms of distance that I can suggest is to come onto the N4 after the Westlink and to take a left at the Foxhunter Pub; this brings you onto the Grange Road and towards Baldonnell and Citywest. This road will avoid the M50 to Red Cow and Newland's Cross junction; hopefully it will cut some time off your commute.

If you are willing to use Public transport, train from Skerries to Dublin, you are looking at about 40 minutes into Pearse Station; first train is 6:23AM ex Skerries. From here, hop onto a 50 on Pearse Street and you are sorted all the way. Also, hop off at Tara Street and a 65B from Eden Quay will get you there. Time wise, you are looking at about an hour on the bus from town, maybe a little less before 8AM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,491 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Hamndegger wrote: »
    If you are willing to use Public transport, train from Skerries to Dublin, you are looking at about 40 minutes into Pearse Station; first train is 6:23AM ex Skerries. From here, hop onto a 50 on Pearse Street and you are sorted all the way. Also, hop off at Tara Street and a 65B from Eden Quay will get you there. Time wise, you are looking at about an hour on the bus from town, maybe a little less before 8AM.
    Alternatively, train to Connolly, Laus to Tallaght and there is a shuttle bus to Citywest (or use the 50 or 65B).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cbg

Thank you everyone for your tips, As I will be driving I will probably try and avoid the Red Cow and so take the turn off for the N4 after the west link and see how that works, has anyone every used that route if they want to be in citwest for 10am or alternatively leaving citywest at 3pm in the afternoon?

Thanks again

CBG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I used to work in Citywest.I live in Balbriggan.I tried every back road I knew from Ballyboughal to Newcaslte.It didnt really matter which road I took.It was always bedlam.Sadly many people try and use the back roads and as a result it gets nearly as congested as the M50.
    The worst was 1 Tue (the day after October Bank Holiday Mon)Clocks had gone back and it was thumping rain.Left Citywest at 5.30.Could not even get on Naas road as it was at a stanstill (going towards Mad Cow).Decided to go through Newcastle past polly Hops pub and into Lucan.Sadly 1 million other people had the same idea.Anyway did not get home until 7.45.
    I really dont envy you.
    Stick with the M1 M50 Naas Road.It may move veeeerrrrrrry slowly but it moves.
    If you have a choice of hours then experiment if you can to see which works best.

• Advertisement
Advertisement