Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 (End of March 2012 onwards)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

amiable wrote: »
    That supposedly includes the year long loan of Lukaku to Werder Bremen.

Can't help but feel Marin is another enigma.

I know a few on here really rate the guy, but I am unsure about him because I have always felt that he lacks a little by way of heart or maybe application.

He is very talented in terms of skill, and his positional play suggests that he reads the game well, but I often feel that he can be bullied out of games or that he sometimes decides he just does not feel up to performing on certain days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Kess73 wrote: »
    I know a few on here really rate the guy, but I am unsure about him because I have always felt that he lacks a little by way of heart or maybe application.

He is very talented in terms of skill, and his positional play suggests that he reads the game well along, but I often feel that he can be bullied out of games or that he sometimes decides he just does not feel up to performing on certain days.
    Worth a punt for Chelsea at the prices quoted this morning for him IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Personally would love Marin...the missus is from Bremen, and he is a god to the locals.

Would be nice to take him...would give me a 2-0 record, as we bought Suarez while i was living in holland with 6 hardcore ajax supporters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Perhaps a change of scene would kick him up the backside a bit.

Chelsea website confirm Marin will sign

• Advertisement

Rumours that Man City are close to a deal for Eden Hazard too

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭4-age

Yeah Japanese press reporting that Kagawa has been offered a contract by united.

Really hope he doesn't go.

The ''ITK's'' missed that Marin deal completely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Worth a punt for Chelsea at the prices quoted this morning for him IMO

8 million and a player on loan would make him worth a punt for a lot of teams including us, as you said he could a bit of an enigma but my issue is more with the prices we have paid for players who would need to step their game up a bit to be considered mediocre. If you can get a German international for that price we really need to broaden our horizons. Hopefully Kenny and Clarke at the game in France the other night is the beginning of that.

Rumours that Man City are close to a deal for Eden Hazard too

Yeah that has been all over the French media for a few days now. Both Manchester clubs are meant to have come in to try and get him this summer.

Will not be a happy camper if he lines up against us next season*

*unless of course Kenny is going to surprise me by getting Welliton, Belhanda, Hoilett and Sissoko this summer.:D

• Advertisement

Chelsea website confirm Marin will sign

if that 8million price tag is true, im going to kill someone...

ive wanted him at lfc for about 2 years now...last time i wanted a player so bad, his name was luis suarez!!!

ah well...marin was never going to over look chelsea for us...damn shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

eldwaro wrote: »
    if that 8million price tag is true, im going to kill someone...

ive wanted him at lfc for about 2 years now...last time i wanted a player so bad, his name was luis suarez!!!

ah well...marin was never going to over look chelsea for us...damn shame.
    @JenChang88: Marko Marin hasn't yet reached the level some predicted for him 2 yrs ago but a great little player & at that €7-8M price, a bargain.”

You bet your bottom dollar then that Hazard ain't going there (Chelsea ) now .

Jeez it's a massive transfer window for LFC , especially after the mistakes made last time, and everyone else around us pushing on.:(

The ''ITK's'' missed that Marin deal completely

Yeah Rigger has been fairly substandard since the name change, on the plus side it shows his dedication to the Andy Carroll persona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Leiva wrote: »
    You bet your bottom dollar then that Hazard ain't going there (Chelsea ) now .

Jeez it's a massive transfer window for LFC , especially after the mistakes made last time, and everyone else around us pushing on.:(

Your joking right?

Chelsea will still be in for Hazard alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Kess73 wrote: »
    Yeah that has been all over the French media for a few days now. Both Manchester clubs are meant to have come in to try and get him this summer.

Will not be a happy camper if he lines up against us next season*

*unless of course Kenny is going to surprise me by getting Welliton, Belhanda, Hoilett and Sissoko this summer.:D

*and Siggy:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Yeah Rigger has been fairly substandard since the name change, on the plus side it shows his dedication to the Andy Carroll persona.

Bang oot of order.

Your joking right?

Chelsea will still be in for Hazard alright

If City are in for him it won't make any difference...with the exception of maybe Guardiola taking over I can't see him going there, but I think Pep has too much class and too little ego to end up there.

Bang oot of order.

no way am I that slow...

Rigger = Andy Carroll? I thought he was on holidays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

eldwaro wrote: »
    no way am I that slow...

Rigger = Andy Carroll? I thought he was on holidays

Riggandy Carroll doesn't do holidays. Too dedicated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

£35million for a player with 19 PL apperances and 11 goals .

Fùcking Hell :(:mad:

• Advertisement

Leiva wrote: »
    £35million for a player with 19 PL apperances and 11 goals .

Fùcking Hell :(:mad:

Best upgrade to broadband mate, your 56k connection seems to take it's time in getting your posts up.

Either that or you found a time machine and went back to 31st Jan 2011 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

401670_401545013210847_118450714853613_1277072_380002748_n.jpg

Four trialists from Nacional

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

ASOT wrote: »

chelsea in for marin

citeh in for hazard

utd in for kagawa

pool in for four uruguayan kids who just started secondary school and with no director of football in place

promising summer ahead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

ASOT wrote: »

I thought it was some new boyband.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Everton winning 2-0 :( - Would hate for us to finish behind them in the league this year!!

Suppose at least there long period of not winning a cup will continue thanks to us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Jelavic has been such a cracking signing for them. I remember quite a few deriding the notion of us signing him when we were linked in January.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Everton winning 2-0 :( - Would hate for us to finish behind them in the league this year!!

Suppose at least there long period of not winning a cup will continue thanks to us!
    On the topic of Everton.

Jelavic looks like a great buy for them.

I laughed when we were linked to him last year. Thought he was not PL standard. Looks like I was wrong. Could have done with a guy like him, who knows where the back of the net is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

opr wrote: »
    Jelavic has been such a cracking signing for them. I remember quite a few deriding the notion of us signing him when we were linked in January.

Opr
    Ha, that is bizzare timing :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

not too bothered if we finish 7th or 8th or 9th or 10th, outside of 4th and you're nothing - for them it will be everything to finish above us - shows how small-time they are, they'll probably release a dvd (dvd probably won't include 2 derby league defeats and FA cup semi-final defeat)

everton are not our rivals - once 4th was gone and we had cup finals on our minds, rightly or wrongly performance level drops, let them have their smalltime smallminded bragging rights while we concentrate on winning trophies and returning to the CL, that's how we measure ourselves - not if we finish 7th or 8th, that's the difference between the clubs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement