Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi Card issues

Options
  • 04-07-2016 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi all,

So this is a bit of a doozy.

I was having trouble connecting a (4th hand) laptop to the internet. At first it wouldn't connect to my router at all, and when I convinced it to do that it refused to actually connect to the internet. I was getting an 'unidentified network' issue.

To try and fix it I made sure that the driver of card was up to date. However, when I saw that it was I decided to uninstall the driver and restart the computer for it to automatically reinstall. The update failed and now when I go into devmgmt.msc it's no longer listed as a hardware item in the 'network adapters' list.

I'm not even sure if that driver was the cause of my connectivity issues but now as far as the laptop's concerned, I've got no wifi card at all...

What the bloody 'ell do I do now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Install driver from manufacturers website, do not use the one windows automatically installs.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

srsly78 wrote: »
    Install driver from manufacturers website, do not use the one windows automatically installs.

Derp!

Everything's working perfectly now!

Advertisement