Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price Changes FPL 14/15 **Mod warning 1st post**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Invincible

FHFC wrote: »
    What the hell is going on over at TotalFPL's price changes page??

Maybe the same as on FISO, risers/fallers all showing 0.0%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,778 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

What the hell is going on over at TotalFPL's price changes page??
    Invincible wrote: »
    Maybe the same as on FISO, risers/fallers all showing 0.0%

it's showing players as protected, was thinking maybe have to join the site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

FPL must have reset all the data on the site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Balotelli is to blame.

This is why I like FPL STATISTICS they update you on the situation.

"IMPORTANT - The price prediction algorithms are currently non operational. A significant change at the main fantasy site (at around 9pm GMT on the 23rd August) means that certain data required to operate the algorithms is now hidden. It is not known whether the change was due to a glitch or is intentional - probably the latter. An alternative means to calculate the price predictions is available, but will require time to implement and test."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I really fear El Ahamadi or Hooiveld will fall this week. These are two of so called lesser players. I don't want to lose any value.

Can anyone tell me the likely hood of these dropping?

On Friday El Ahamadi was 45% fall. Does this remain over the course of a few days & affect if more ppl transfer him out?

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I really fear El Ahamadi or Hooiveld will fall this week. These are two of so called lesser players. I don't want to lose any value.

On Friday El Ahamadi was 45% fall. Does this remain over the course of a few days & affect if more ppl transfer him out?

Price sites are down but why can't you check this out yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

If FPL really are changing things to stop people predicting changes, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth, tbh. Even the whole idea of not telling what the criteria for price changes are smacks of churlishness. A game where some of the rules are a secret...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    This is why I like FPL STATISTICS they update you on the situation.

"IMPORTANT - The price prediction algorithms are currently non operational. A significant change at the main fantasy site (at around 9pm GMT on the 23rd August) means that certain data required to operate the algorithms is now hidden. It is not known whether the change was due to a glitch or is intentional - probably the latter. An alternative means to calculate the price predictions is available, but will require time to implement and test."

Fair play FPL if that is the case.

Chesty08 wrote: »

The 45% will grow as more people transfer him out; it may take days or weeks, but if his net dealings are transfers out and he reaches 100%, he will drop by 0.1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

If FPL really are changing things to stop people predicting changes, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth, tbh. Even the whole idea of not telling what the criteria for price changes are smacks of churlishness. A game where some of the rules are a secret...

Personally, I'd prefer if this data wasn't available and people weren't making transfers based on other people's transfers i.e. who is about to go up or down on FISO or TFPL. It's one of the things that is making so many teams uniform. The game is more fun when teams are more mixed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Markx wrote: »
    Personally, I'd prefer if this data wasn't available and people weren't making transfers based on other people's transfers i.e. who is about to go up or down on FISO or TFPL. It's one of the things that is making so many teams uniform. The game is more fun when teams are more mixed up.

I agree, when the data is there you have to use it but I'd much prefer if it wasnt

Markx wrote: »

I don't think that'll change much if we can't see the price changes coming. Thanks to this and other forums, there'll always be clusters of similar teams.

But yes, more variety in teams would be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

KevIRL wrote: »
    I agree, when the data is there you have to use it but I'd much prefer if it wasnt

I'd disagree, last year was the first year I used any of the price prediction sites.

I don't agree that you "have to use it" to be successful. I finished in the top 500 in the world not looking at it once.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

Looks like I'll be playing this wildcard blind re price changes. That's okay though, the lads who wild carded last week didn't make any profit it seems.

I agree that price change websites aren't a good thing. This isn't the stock exchange, it's a football game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Did Mata fall last night?...

Still showing @ 8.9M

Nope Friday night/Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Price sites are down but why can't you check this out yourself?

Dont understand how the whole price up/down works. I was seeking more of a clarification of what I already know.

Thanks Alchemist il keep my eye out. Much Appreciated

Invincible wrote: »
    Still showing @ 8.9M
    Thanks,love if he scored a few points today.

• Advertisement

Thanks,love if he scored a few points today.

No bother, the price changes section of their site is still updated.
    Ivanovic will likely rise, after 20 pts from 2 games, had similar high scores in previous seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Not surprised in a way that fpl have done this (presuming it's not just a glitch). What I do find surprising is that they didn't just do it from the start of the season, why wait until 2 weeks in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Everyone protected on total.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Everyone protected on total.

:confused:

FPL have hidden one of stats the websites were using to calculate price rises. As a result all of the price change websites are blank as the algorithm they were using doesn't work anymore without the data.

Prices are still changing though.

FPL Statistics posted this update this morning:
    IMPORTANT - The price prediction algorithms are currently non operational. A significant change at the main fantasy site (at around 9pm GMT on the 23rd August) means that certain data required to operate the algorithms is now hidden. It is not known whether the change was due to a glitch or is intentional - probably the latter. An alternative means to calculate the price predictions is available, but will require time to implement and test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

http://totalfpl.com/pricechanges

Back working again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Sterling approaching a second rise before he even plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Lol, 5 of the 990 people that own Florin Gados (and weren't aware he's injured) have transferred him out putting him on for a drop on TotalFPL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Lemlin wrote: »
    Sterling approaching a second rise before he even plays.

He's at 20% to a rise according to the statistics site. The algorithms are broken now for all price rise sites so it's a best guess based on old formulae.

It's much more difficult to predict the price changes now which should make things more interesting.

Any one see a pattern in price rises/falls this yr yet?...is it going to be Similiar to last yr or not where wildcard ing for first International break will let players build up kitty in bank or will there be less chance of players going up much on a GW?
    Really appreciate any views.

• Advertisement

Any one see a pattern in price rises/falls this yr yet?...is it going to be Similiar to last yr or not where wildcard ing for first International break will let players build up kitty in bank or will there be less chance of players going up much on a GW?
    Really appreciate any views.

Actually the CTC team reckon that the formulae changes by FPL are now excluding wildcard transfers from the price rise calculations

zarquon wrote: »
    Actually the CTC team reckon that the formulae changes by FPL are now excluding wildcard transfers from the price rise calculations

So would that mean if good few players WC for eg after GW 3... And start signing Aguero....his price wouldn't go up as quick as it would have last year?

So would that mean if good few players WC for eg after GW 3... And start signing Aguero....his price wouldn't go up as quick as it would have last year?

Exactly. It's all guesswork at the moment though as none of the price change sites know what is going on at the moment. The FPL have made significant changes and removed data used to calculate the changes. For whatever reason they don't want this accessed. I presume it's to stop the 3rd party sites from profiting by offering such services by provisioning proprietary data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Crazy carry on by FPL if they're deliberately trying to stop this.
    It'll make no difference to the casuals but it'll annoy the vast majority of us I guess.

PARlance wrote: »
    Crazy carry on by FPL if they're deliberately trying to stop this.
    It'll make no difference to the casuals but it'll annoy the vast majority of us I

Will mean that you won't build up even .5 of a m from Wildcard to make the diff going down the stretch next April to defeat other lads in your leagues

Actually i just had a thought. Third parties providing this data means that users are not clicking on the FPL site to check for themselves. For advertising and promotion purposes they would have determined that the other websites are reducing their page hits significantly enough to the point where they want to disrupt them as much as possible and divert the traffic back to the main site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Actually i just had a thought. Third parties providing this data means that users are not clicking on the FPL site to check for themselves. For advertising and promotion purposes they would have determined that the other websites are reducing their page hits significantly enough to the point where they want to disrupt them as much as possible and divert the traffic back to the main site.

Is there a reason why the official site has never provided proper data on price changes? Would it not make more sense for them to be upfront about it thus avoiding players having to use third party sites?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Is there a reason why the official site has never provided proper data on price changes? Would it not make more sense for them to be upfront about it thus avoiding players having to use third party sites?

They never thought players would take the game as seriously as us:D

At the end of the day it is their data so they can do as they want.

The rules are the same for every player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

That would make sense if they were in any way commercially minded..... But their site is filled with banner ads for their own app, Barclays (part of the main sponsorship I presume and not affected by page hits) and then the odd FIFA advert.

They could be creaming money in from this if they wanted. 3 million teams and they're still offering a playstation (? :) ) as first prize isn't it.
    I think you're giving them WAY too much credit for having a commercial mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

There's also the chance that they didn't want the game to be stacked so far in favour of the hardcore player than the casual player and this is a good way to even the odds a bit.

Obviously it limits the amount of time the casual player spends on the site if they're 100s of points behind.

CSF wrote: »
    There's also the chance that they didn't want the game to be stacked so far in favour of the hardcore player than the casual player and this is a good way to even the odds a bit.

Obviously it limits the amount of time the casual player spends on the site if they're 100s of points behind.

Makes sense. We all expect half of the teams to be inactive by December.
    We don't just expect it, we count on it:D

Whatever is the reason, we will have to live with that.
    This will stop me from making unnecessary transfers that didn't work too well last season.

• Advertisement

Totalfpl has both Chadli and Lamela as having gone down in ownership today. That can't be right?

Totalfpl has both Chadli and Lamela as having gone down in ownership today. That can't be right?

They are messing with us. This is definitely the other way around judging by the official Status page.

I will ignore their data for this week, already made my transfer anyway so can wait and see if they catch up with the changes at some point.

Lamela is 8m so there shouldn't be major movements in his transfers in tbh.

wonski wrote: »
    They are messing with us. This is definitely the other way around judging by the official Status page.

I will ignore their data for this week, already made my transfer anyway so can wait and see if they catch up with the changes at some point.

Lamela is 8m so there shouldn't be major movements in his transfers in tbh.

I'm wildcarding this week so trying to do as best as I possibly can with the rises despite the confusing information available.

I'm wildcarding this week so trying to do as best as I possibly can with the rises despite the confusing information available.

Dier and Ivanovic went up tonight. Total FPL got it all wrong. I think what we see is an old data tbh.

Not sure if you manage to make any money tbh.

wonski wrote: »
    Dier and Ivanovic went up tonight. Total FPL got it all wrong. I think what we see is an old data tbh.

Not sure if you manage to make any money tbh.

Had them both in, here's hoping they rise again. Confident Dier will at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Latest from www.fplstatistics.co.ok

Sounds promising....

Testing completed. Managed to predict all the rises correctly for last night on a spreadsheet. Next step will involve development of a desktop predictor. The website implementation is likely to take place tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

any chance of Mata going back up?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

any chance of Mata going back up?

Not for a while.
    FPL site has more transfers out for him this week than in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Latest from www.fplstatistics.co.ok

Sounds promising....

I wonder if Totalfpl is up and running again? They have Cesc, Cattermole and Larsson due for a rise, so will be interesting to see if they go up tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I wonder if Totalfpl is up and running again? They have Cesc, Cattermole and Larsson due for a rise, so will be interesting to see if they go up tonight.

They are putting up figures, but as CSF I think posted above some of them don't make much sense and a lot of their predictions were wrong last night.

while they obviously have some kind of algorithms running I'd say there is a big big margin for error there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement