Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone else taking a HUGE gamble?

Options
  • 01-06-2009 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Ok for english paper 2 im only learning a cultural context,michael longley for poetry and sympathy and imagery for macbeth i kinda feel like im takin a big risk anyone else in the same boat?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Ok for english paper 2 im only learning a cultural context,michael longley for poetry and sympathy and imagery for macbeth i kinda feel like im takin a big risk anyone else in the same boat?
    My cock is big, you my friend are doing a Ron Jeremy.

I suggest you turn off your pc immediately and learn some Macbeth quotes/essays and study another poet and do a different comparative topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Advice:
    Cultural Context and Vision and Viewpoint can overlap a lot, so I'd suggest you go for that.

Macbeth is pretty unpredictable.

Keats in a day. May be tough, but worthwhile. Keats = Poetic gold, very easy to identify with, especially if you are a guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Blue_Rose

Cultural context is ok, it will probably come up, if not theme and issue is easy enough to make up. Just learn quotes for macbeth, then you'll be covered for the character question which is always nice. Well as long as Banquo doesnt come up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cill-bill

haha u fecking ejit, if ur only going to study 1 poet study keats, its lyk an unwritten rule that a dead old white man is on the paper every year!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

This post has been deleted.

Yes it's a big risk but you aren't the only person approaching exams like this. I've done it many times myself. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I find Keats tough to study, Walcott on the other hand can literly be learned in an Hour, as can Bishop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

I suppose I'm taking a bit of a risk, I do 8 subjects and I'm only studying for 6 because I reckon I'll do best in those so why waste time trying to bring my Irish up to par with my other subjects :)

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

I feel im taking a big risk only studying Longley for peotry aswell but i know the other 2 sections very well at this stage, what your doing seems a bit suicidal but it is possible it works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

comeon walcott!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

DDC1990;

I think Bishop's much more complicated than Keats. Keats is simple stuff compared to Bishop, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hatethat

I suppose I'm taking a bit of a risk, I do 8 subjects and I'm only studying for 6 because I reckon I'll do best in those so why waste time trying to bring my Irish up to par with my other subjects :)
    haha totaly the same. Irish has gone out the window!! As long as i pass i dnt care. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Signature

I'm having a look over Keats but Bishop is the only one I'm learning off by heart; she's most likely to come up.

Advertisement