Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No aerial

• 21-10-2014 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi.. I'm in a rented house and the landlord doesn't want tv in his sitting room.. I have a flat screen Samsung tv but no aerial..I'm just using it as a screen ... I would like to get the basic channels and I'm wondering if I buy a saor box will that do..? Do I need an aerial and if do, I live in donnybrook.. Would one of those in door rabbit ears ones work? Thanks.. In ignorance .. Dcmma

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,648 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Maybe your Samsung TV already has the required Saorview tuner, post the model no.

An aerial is required for any Saorview receiver, if the signal is good enough an indoor aerial like this might work, only by testing will you know if it'll will work at your location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭winston_1

I've said it many times, but it seems I need to say it again.

So called rabbits ears are VHF aerials for FM and DAB radio, not TV.

Indoor UHF aerial as posted by The Cush may work.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dcmma

Hi thanks a lot for that.. The model no is: LE26A451C1.. Would it have it built in?. I have an aerial with a tuner knob I pick up in aldi a few years ago il find it and give it a try! Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,305 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

dcmma wrote: »
    Hi thanks a lot for that.. The model no is: LE26A451C1.. Would it have it built in?. I have an aerial with a tuner knob I pick up in aldi a few years ago il find it and give it a try! Thanks again
    Nope. The "A" series only has MPEG2, as per;
    byrnefm wrote: »
    I could be wrong but as far as I know, most of the 'A' series only has MPEG2.

Btw - does anyone know what the difference is between the 'C' and new 'D' series for Samsung? The 'D' series comes out at the end of this month, from what I can tell (eg. LE26D450).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,648 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

dcmma wrote: »
    The model no is: LE26A451C1.. Would it have it built in?. I have an aerial with a tuner knob I pick up in aldi a few years ago il find it and give it a try! Thanks again

I had a look at the TV's manual online and it doesn't appear to have any digital tuner, analogue only.

But to be sure, have a look in the tuning menu for anything related to digital tuning.

• Advertisement

Thanks peeps, you have been a good help!!

So, The indoor aerial works perfect with the saorview, finally got around to setting it up! cheers for the help!!

Advertisement