Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

arabsat 26e?

Options
  • 15-11-2007 6:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭

wath size in dublin??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Depends on which channels.
    Some suffer interference from Sky unless you are using a larger dish.

I'd recommend a minimum of 110cm carefully aligned. Even that won't do all channels (different beams)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

there is another discussion thats been had here about this sat position. Im very lucky, Im in Galway with a 1.1m .2lnb and can receive well over 200 channels from this position. Even some of the weaker ones (JSC/MBC) will hold in light rain. Dubai one is one of the strongest channels/transponders. Ive also found that adjusting the positioner to 25.5e brings in the strongest signal. Also on other findings the LNB needs to be skewed to about 5pm position. Ive left my lnb in this position and so far fingers crossed it hasn't effected reception on other sat positions when my dish moves to them.

I dont suffer from interference from 28.2 on my sat recievers (Technomate 1500 & visionnet) but my Skystar pc card suffers from interference on this position.

There is a lot of good programming/sport free on this position. MBC channels are good and so is Dubai one. You also have Al Jazzera Sports FTA along with loads of other arabic sports channels. Today for the soccer is a great day for 26e viewing, The scottish match alone is on about 5 FTA channels on this position!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭stevethesatguy

just did a quick channel scan with my 90cm motorised dish and i picked up 98 tv channells from 26e and i am in Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hakim

hi I live in cork nd I got dish 1.10 nd looking for arab sat ? is any chance to get it with good signal?or any specific lab I need to buy. ? am looking for help thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

get the black ultra lnb and do a search on here. you dont say what channels you want and there are more than one sat at 26east. badr4 is ok but rest are no go. also easy with a dedicated dish ie motorised or fixed, tricky with multi lnb.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Thule

swoofer wrote: »
    ... tricky with multi lnb.

Not if you put 26 east at the dish focus, which is the same thing as a dedicated dish. Offset the LNBs for stronger satellite positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭TAFKAlawhec

The channels on the BSS beam on Badr4 are the only services that can be received in Ireland from 26 East without going into dishes of monster sizes. The MBC channels are supposedly on their own beam, but their coverage seems very similar to the BSS beam if not a wee bit stronger. A 1 metre dish should help bring most of them in; a good LNB and/or a slightly larger dish would help with the rain margin.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amdaley28

I tried this sat last night & got Badr4 ok.
    1.2mt motorised dish South West.

thanks for your help any lnb do? i have sky lnb i hope irs work?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭TAFKAlawhec

hakim wrote: »
    thanks for your help any lnb do? i have sky lnb i hope irs work?
    A Sky LNB is designed for their own dishes which have a different shape compared to standard offset dishes. They won't perform well on a standard offset dish and when you need every last drop of strength & quality, you'd be better off with a good standard 40mm neck LNB. If it's just a single output you need, the Inverto Black Ultra LNB is often recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Tombs

If it's just a single output you need, the Inverto Black Ultra LNB is often recommended.

The Inverto Black Ultra is also available as a twin, quad, or quattro. (Quattro = 4 fixed outputs to feed a multiswitch.)

hi just enquiry about arabsat lads how many channels i could catch in cork plz? and horizontal frequency too with 120cm dish ?or just vertical ?thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

hi just enquiry about arabsat lads how many channels i could catch in cork plz? and horizontal frequency too with 120cm dish ?or just vertical ?thanks

With your dish set up properly & a decent receiver there are plenty of channels available at your location.
    Is there a particular channel you are interested in ?
    If there is let me know & I will check for you.

Hi Thanks for your answer am looking for Nessma and tunisien channel , abu dhabi 11804 H MBC bouquet movie? Fox Movie and 12073 H tunisia 1, 2 , Hannibal, DUBAI Boucket.is any chance we could catch signal of Horisontal Frequency channels ?Thanks

Hi Thanks for your answer am looking for Nessma and tunisien channel , abu dhabi 11804 H MBC bouquet movie? Fox Movie and 12073 H tunisia 1, 2 , Hannibal, DUBAI Boucket.is any chance we could catch signal of Horisontal Frequency channels ?Thanks

There is information here on the satellites on 26' East.
    There is Badr 4, 5 & 6 but as far as I know we can only get Badr 4 over here.

http://www.flysat.com/badr.php
    http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-26E.php

I did take a look this morning when I saw your post & there seemed to be over a hundred channels free to air available from 26'East. There also seemed to be quite a few encrypted channels as well.
    I will take a look later & see what Transponders I can get. I am on a similar latitude to Cork so what I get should also be also available in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,715 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

No chance on any frequency under 11919. That is the lowest frequency on Badr 4, which is the only satellite you might get. The strongest transponder with me at present on my 1.1 m dish is 11958 which is 10 dB signal. Signals are always weak or moderate.

This is the Badr 4 list.

http://www.lyngsat.com/Badr-4.html

I've taken a look & between this morning & tonight when the weather has turned bad I've managed to get the following.
    11958H
    11977V
    11996H
    12015V
    12034H
    12054V
    12073H
    12002V
    12130V
    12169V
    12182H
    12207V
    12226H
    12245V
    12245V
    12569H
    12653H feed.
    I may have missed one or two but that's what's available here.
    They are all from Badr 4& signal strength is moderate but watchable.
    Hope its of some help to you.

You should also be able to get 11919. That is the one with the MBC channels, good for films.

Thanks everyone my satellite dish be home tomorrow 120 cm i hope work well .

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone my satellite be home tommorow 120 cm i hope work well .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

1.2m will be fine (but only for BADR4 as mentioned by DXHound).

Let us know how you get on ?

Hi lads just i found 154 channels and im glad with that and new satellite dish and signal very good 68 quality

Hi lads just i found 154 channels and im glad with that and new satellite dish and signal very good 68 quality

That's great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

must check mine out, not moved motor in a while

I can get 166 TV and 75 Radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bored_stupid

picking up 276 channels on this bird have a look at flysat you have to mamual scan some of them tps i,am on the east coast if that helps .

hi lads any chance we catch all channels of Arab sat i have got 156 is any chance we receive them all? Am based in cork city

thanks

• Advertisement

hi lads any chance we catch all channels of Arab sat i have got 156 is any chance we receive them all? Am based in cork city

thanks

The maximum number of channels at present as shown on King of Sat for Badr 4 is 250 between TV and Radio. I can get 167 TV and 75 Radio, so I am missing 8. Badr 4 is the only satellite you will get.

http://en.kingofsat.net/sat-badr4.php

Advertisement