Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isdn & Sky Callbacks

Options
  • 30-05-2004 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

I am having ISDN from Eircom installed this week and just have one question.

Will the two digiboxes I have connected do callbacks as normal from the analog port of the plug and play wallplate, (or one of the analog ports on the Eircon Diva TA) or does the dialup settings on the digibox need to be modified?

I will be connecting the 2 digiboxes and 2 phones to the analog side,currently wired in series around the house, and using the other channel/line for 64k internet access.

Having got two letters from Sky already, and considering the amount of time spent online,this seems the only solution,and the increased speed will also be useful.

On my present set up I have to disconnect the phones and boxes to go online and sometimes forget to reconnect the lines back up hence the reason for the letters from Sky, and indeed irate relations trying to get through on the phone!

If this needs to be moved to Net Comms, fire ahead

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Sorry, I should have searched a bit better before I posted!(I used the main search instead of the search this forum function)

I think it should be OK once Caller ID is enabled on the ISDN lines, and I use the line which corresponds to my present number.

Advertisement