Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL and SKY, have both but thinking of leaving NTL

Options
  • 01-06-2004 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have NTL and SKY, have both but thinking of leaving NTL as i am only getting 2 extra channels and paying €20 per month. The only reason i have them is the soccer. In that case can anyone answer the following?

Is there any live soccer on ITV next season?
    Is it worth my while to keep NTL

The reason i ask this is that i have sky at the moment and i am thinking of getting SKY+ and putting my old digibox upstairs connected to a spare satellite i have so that will sort out most of my problems

Any ideas/recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

ITV still have the rights to Champions League soccer on Tuesday nights. However TV3 will probably show mostly the same games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

if it is like last season most of the ITV games will be on TV3 with highlights or full match coverage after the live game. 20 a month is expensive for a few games. perhaps you could pick up ITV terrestrially?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Wiggy

Mossy - what equipment do you need to pick up ITV terrestrially in the Dublin area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

it all depends on whether or not you would get a signal. best way to find out would be to look at your neighbours roof tops and see if any have aerials (make sure the aerials arent for RTÉ, TV3 and TG4). where in dublin you are is also important

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Wiggy

Lucan, and nobody in the area has an aerial as far as I can see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Just cancel your NTL - chances are they won't even bother disconnecting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭PK - the king

the chances of getting itv in dublin are very slim. you might get a clean picture when the atmospherics are right, and if it is a cloudy day (but no rain). The chances are, though, you are only going to get noise and snow. Sorry! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Strasser

I used to be in your situation except read chorus for NTL. I got rid of chorus, put old sky box upstairs and got sky+ downstairs. Its the best thing I ever did, yes not having UTV/Channel 4 is a disadvantage but the benefits, especially of sky + far outweight this.

Advertisement