Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digi Satellite - Around The House Question?

Options
  • 28-05-2004 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have had sky installed in the front sitting room of our house for about 2 months now I would like to have a feed going into my computer room upstairs so I can record tv onto my computer.

Is there any way I can do this without running wiring all over the place. I could get a mirror box but the amount of use it would get is minimal. Can I wireless transmit satellite feed to upstairs? and if so how easy is it to do?

tks

neonitrix

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭freetoair

Try these http://www.digisender.net/main.htm available from Maplin & Argos

A friend of mine uses it and highly recommends it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭PK - the king

All you need to run is one wire, it's not as if there are five or six to lay!!! It'd be far, far cheaper just to run a cable from box to PC, rather than spending all that money on digisenders!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

to be honest I could run a cable but it would be awkard as hell as it would have to cross 4 rooms to reach the computer room. its not as simple as just running a cable thru the sitting room ceiling. I would be obvious as hell tho thats why I may have to go the digi sender route.

tks

Neonitrix

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Yip, I can highly recommend the DigiSender. I have one for a couple of years now and it is the business.

The only thing you have to be aware of is that it uses the 2.4Ghz band - so if you set up a wireless network, it will interfere with it. There is a channel select switch on the back of the unit, just make sure the DigiSender and the Wifi network are on different channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Ro-76

I have used the cable method with a remote eye to change the channels, which works very well.

I do not have any experience of the digisender, but a workmate of mine has had an irritating problem with one, in that his neighbour also has one. The neighbours sender is near the joining wall (semi-detached house), and my mate's receiver is also near the joining wall, so when the neighbour changes the channel, my mates channel also changes. This is further complicated because the neighbour watches a lot of adult material! (for which my mate does not have a sub)

Anyhow, it seems that he should change the channel on his unit so as to limit the interference.

Ro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

The digisender also has the advantage that it will send a stereo signal. The RF output on digiboxes does not send a stereo signal for the digital channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Are all of these wireless devices able to transmit stereo audio?

Powercity have a One For All brand videosender for €59 and another one for €99 but it doesn't say on the boxes if either is stereo or not.

Advertisement