Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP! Completely wiped existing settings

Options
  • 26-05-2004 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

(Also posted in SKY+ Mirror Sub Phone prob thread - Apologies, but quite concerned!)

I've just followed this procedure advised within another thread to force callback thread, ie

Services
    System Setup
    01 Select
    New Installation
    Follow Procedure

and now have absolutely no channels. The default transponder settings are picking up nothing. In fact the message appears "No default transponder found", and offers me the choice to modify the settings. However the default transponder settings are exactly the same as on my other box. What have I done?? More importantly, what should I do now?

As the title says, HELP!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Mredmond

Panic Over

For anyone who might be interested, I just shut the box off at the mains for about 10 seconds, and then re-booted. It took a few extra seconds to come back up, but then everything came back as before.

Lessons learned:

1)Don't go near the Installers menu unless you know what you are doing.

2) Don't blindly follow advice posted on here as if it's gospel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Thank God for the old "unplug the box" trick !! It's saved many a poster from a nervous breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Sorry Mredmond, never heard of that happening before:o :o:o

Advertisement