Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Won Concert Tickets in Raffle

Options
  • 19-02-2014 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi all,

Jut wondering I entered a competition at the weekend in a shop for One Direction Concert Tickets. Legally if I won when could I get them? Would ownership pass to me straight away or could the shop hold onto them until closer to the event.

I havn't actually won...just curious if I did win could I sell them on (at face value) if I couldn't attend?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I won tickets to a concert on a radio station a few years ago. They had a roadcaster at the gig and I had to bring ID and get the tickets from them on the day. The comp specifically said you have to be able to attend to get the tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

legally the shop can't give them away unless authorised by the promoter.

I'm sure if you win them they'll make arrangements to get them to you which could be any time up to the gig itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,104 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's probably in the terms and conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Techno_Toaster

Thanks guys:) Interesting to hear the stance on it.

Hopefully I win now

Advertisement