Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

0-0 away to QPR in QPR's biggest fixture of any season was not a bad result for Chelsea at all!

Cahill is only starting his first full season, Mikel has improved incredibly and doesnt get the credit for it too, and Torres is firing again. Its not just Hazard.

And the change of style and tactics has made Chelsea a more formidable outfit IMO.
    Heh I wouldn't use that phrase as he missed plenty of sitters the last few games which he should of put in the back of the net. The only positive thing about him so far is that is able to support his team mates and set up goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Heh I wouldn't use that phrase as he missed plenty of sitters the last few games which he should of put in the back of the net. The only positive thing about him so far is that is able to support his team mates and set up goals.

his ratio this season is 1 in every 2 games.

thats a brilliant scoring ratio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Can't claim that Spurs away, Arsenal away, Newcastle were part of an easy start. They took the 9 points on offer.
    It's all relative. Liverpool away for united is a far harder game for United than for Chelsea.

Their first 5 games were Wigan, Reading, Newcastle(H), QPR and Stoke(H). They would have been disappointed not to get 15 points there. 3 of the worst teams in the league, a team we beat 3-0 at their ground and a team that we beat 4-2 today.

Their last two results have been pretty good, tbf, but that start gave them a decent run of form. We started with ****ing Everton (A) and Fulham, two teams we have struggled with the last few years, we played Spurs and Pool at Anfield (traditionally our hardest match of the season).

Chelsea will hit a bad spell and I think we'll beat them. They haven't improved much on last season. This isn't even taking into account the fact they have a manager who is essentially on borrowed time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Rio needs to grow up a small bit.

If he cared as much about his defensive duties for his club(which he is paid to do) rather then drag out something that's been going on for year too many he be better off for all concerned.

Totally disgraceful by Fergie in my opinion, lost some respect for him today. If Rio felt so strongly about an issue that he was heavily personally affected by then he should not have had his manager try and force his beliefs upon him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

How do you describe RvPs then? :cool:

It's all relative. Liverpool away for united is a far harder game for United than for Chelsea.

Their first 5 games were Wigan, Reading, Newcastle(H), QPR and Stoke(H). They would have been disappointed not to get 15 points there. 3 of the worst teams in the league, a team we beat 3-0 at their ground and a team that we beat 4-2 today.

Their last two results have been pretty good, tbf, but that start gave them a decent run of form. We started with ****ing Everton (A) and Fulham, two teams we have struggled with the last few years, we played Spurs and Pool at Anfield (traditionally our hardest match of the season).

Chelsea will hit a bad spell and I think we'll beat them. They haven't improved much on last season. This isn't even taking into account the fact they have a manager who is essentially on borrowed time.

Still think its tougher for London teams, Chelseas games with QPR, Fulham, West Ham will have an extra edge to Uniteds games with them

Totally disgraceful by Fergie in my opinion, lost some respect for him today. If Rio felt so strongly about an issue that he was heavily personally affected by then he should not have had his manager try and force his beliefs upon him.

Jason Roberts came out and said he won't wear a shirt because of the racist events of last year. "People don't feel they have been strong enough" he said.

What are Rios reasons for not wearing it? A punishment has been given to Terry and he should get on with it. Would he rather racism stay in the game?

Prick! wrote: »
    How do you describe RvPs then? :cool:

Wasnt comparing them, just said Torres is firing again

Still think its tougher for London teams, Chelseas games with QPR, Fulham, West Ham will have an extra edge to Uniteds games with them

The more derby games the less intense they are.

What about the smaller teams coming to Old Trafford and parking the bus? ;) No team has tougher games.

• Advertisement

Wasnt comparing them, just said Torres is firing again

Never said you were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Jason Roberts came out and said he won't wear a shirt because of the racist events of last year. "People don't feel they have been strong enough" he said.

What are Rios reasons for not wearing it? A punishment has been given to Terry and he should get on with it. Would he rather racism stay in the game?

Rio obviously has his reasons and he's entitled to them. I'd say he's in the same boat as Roberts saying they haven't done enough. Some of the bans and fines handed out for Racism have been laughable when compared to say the Bendtner Paddy Power jocks incident at the Euros.

I think Fergie was wrong to come out and say that, he should have dealt with it internally if he has an issue.

The more derby games the less intense they are.

What about the smaller teams coming to Old Trafford and parking the bus? ;) No team has tougher games.

Are you serious? :eek: if you think Chelsea v QPR/Fulham etc are not intense your crazy!!

And what about City, Chelsea and Arsenal who get the same treatment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

1. An extremely short punishment.

2. Terry brought to WC instead of Rio, so Rio denied his chance to represent his country because his brother was racially abused - and then Terry publicly backed by the England manager who said he hoped Terry wasn't charged.

He clearly doesn't feel that the cause, which is heavily linked to the FA, is worth supporting - And he should be entitled to his beliefs without being "dealt with" for refusing to have some other mans beliefs forced upon him.

What is Ferdinand's position on the Kick Racism Out campaign? Has he even spoken to Ferguson about it? Has he even spoken to the media about it? I genuinely haven't seen anything.

If he has said nothing to anybody and just didn't wear the t-shirt, without any real explanation, then it comes across as a slap to the face for Ferguson and also as a bit exhibitionest from Ferdinand.

If Ferdinand was serious about this, he'd start his own campaign. If he has problems with the campaign itself, why not get involved, change their mandate and put some money in? They receive around £300,000 to fund the organization every year. Half of the Premier league is black. Why are these guys not getting involved and giving some of their mountains of money to this if they seriously think it is lacking?

QPR are rubbish, West Ham are average at best. United's two biggest rivals are City and Liverpool. There is no real comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Yeah Chelsea haven't had a bad day yet have they?

0-0 with QPR remember, Reading gave them a scare too.

1 player (Hazard), I'm not counting Oscar as I don't think he'll have a massive role at Chelsea this season can't make them the best side in the PL from where they were last season.

Have you changed your tune on Mata ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

It should be way better than that with the amount of chances he's missed .

QPR are rubbish, West Ham are average at best. United's two biggest rivals are City and Liverpool. There is no real comparison.

Are no United supporters unbiased enough to admit that Chelsea/Arsenal's fixtures against Spurs, Fulham, QPR and West Ham are more difficult than United's games against them?

Are no United supporters unbiased enough to admit that Chelsea/Arsenal's fixtures against Spurs, Fulham, QPR and West Ham are more difficult than United's games against them?
    Er, who said that they weren't? Are you just coming in here trying to crowbar some crackpot theory into the discussion and then claiming that people are biased, even though they don't disagree with you?

Nothing in my post even alludes to what you have just posted.

Er, who said that they weren't? Are you just coming in here trying to crowbar some crackpot theory into the discussion and then claiming that people are biased, even though they don't disagree with you?

Nothing in my post even alludes to what you have just posted.

crackpot theory? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Not really.

When United play West Ham their fans are well up for that game as are most London teams. QPR the same. You just have to see their reaction to City winning the league against them to prove that.

What about the likes of Liverpool, Everton, Man City for us?

Every God dam team wants beat United.

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Have you changed your tune on Mata ?

Yep, playing very good this year.

Not really.

When United play West Ham there fans are well up for that game as are most London teams. QPR the same. You just have to see there reaction to City winning the league against them to prove that.

What about the likes of Liverpool, Everton, Man City for us?

Every God dam team wants beat United.

I dont think you understand, Chelsea v Spurs, Spurs v Arsenal, Chelsea v QPR/Fulham. These rivalries are every bit as strong as any other local derbies in the Premier League, just dont get the same exposure and coverage.

crackpot theory? :P
    Well, it is crackpot because you seem to be only looking at geography in your arbitrary rules for what is and is not an intense match. United are the biggest scalp in the league, they have intense rivalries with City and Liverpool that piss all over any rivalry Chelsea have, various other teams such as Arsenal, Chelsea and even Stoke (their fans anyway) see United as rivals.

Local stuff is all well and good but there are other factors too. This also doesn't take into account the fact that the players only really care about the big derbies. These players aren't from the local area anymore so geography isn't as relevant to them. Anyway, carry on posting about it.

Well, it is crackpot because you seem to be only looking at geography in your arbitrary rules for what is and is not an intense match. United are the biggest scalp in the league, they have intense rivalries with City and Liverpool that piss all over any rivalry Chelsea have, various other teams such as Arsenal, Chelsea and even Stoke (their fans anyway) see United as rivals.

Local stuff is all well and good but there are other factors too. This also doesn't take into account the fact that the players only really care about the big derbies. These players aren't from the local area anymore so geography isn't as relevant to them. Anyway, carry on posting about it.

Like my post above says, non-Londoners dont understand it seems.

Rio obviously has his reasons and he's entitled to them. I'd say he's in the same boat as Roberts saying they haven't done enough. Some of the bans and fines handed out for Racism have been laughable when compared to say the Bendtner Paddy Power jocks incident at the Euros.

I think Fergie was wrong to come out and say that, he should have dealt with it internally if he has an issue.

It's up to the FA to decide what's a fair punishment. He was found not guilty by law. Get over it Rio. Anton is never even mentioned anymore :P
    Are you serious? :eek: if you think Chelsea v QPR/Fulham etc are not intense your crazy!!

And what about City, Chelsea and Arsenal who get the same treatment?

Just because teams are from the same city they're massive derbies?

You'll see a real derby tomorrow.

Chelsea v Fulham/west ham/QPR are derbies by name, not by nature largely.

I dont think you understand, Chelsea v Spurs, Spurs v Arsenal, Chelsea v QPR/Fulham. These rivalries are every bit as strong as any other local derbies in the Premier League, just dont get the same exposure and coverage.

Yes and so what is your point?

You trying to say Chelsea have it tougher then United? or that Chelsea start is tougher then they have been given credit for? or what?

It's up to the FA to decide what's a fair punishment. He was found not guilty by law. Get over it Rio. Anton is never even mentioned anymore :P

Chesea v QPR is a huge derby in London, only getting coverage now because QPR are back in the big league, again, any Londoner would tell you this!

Yes and so what is your point?

You trying to say Chelsea have it tougher then United? or that Chelsea start is tougher then they have been given credit for? or what?

The start has certaintly been tougher than they are given credit for!

Frustrating when people who dont understand the rivalry between Chelsea and QPR (which the players would definitley be aware of) try to say that a point away at QPR is a poor result.

And Chelsea's and Arsenal's games versus London teams are tougher than United, Citys games versus London teams.

Like my post above says, non-Londoners dont understand it seems.
    Okay, now you're using an appeal to greater authority argument to try to make your theory more credible. You do realise that loads of us in here support the Airtricity league too, right? Where 50% of the teams in the top division are from Dublin. We understand inter-city rivalries. But there is generally one or two big rivalries for each team and the rest are normal enough games.

You've also side-stepped every point I've made. Good man. As I said, keep repeating your theory. It won't get anymore right the more you post it.

• Advertisement

Okay, now you're using an appeal to greater authority argument to try to make your theory more credible. You do realise that loads of us in here support the Airtricity league too, right? Where 50% of the teams in the top division are from Dublin. We understand inter-city rivalries. But there is generally one or two big rivalries for each team and the rest are normal enough games.

You've also side-stepped every point I've made. Good man. As I said, keep repeating your theory. It won't get anymore right the more you post it.

Side stepped what point?

Frustrating when people who dont understand the rivalry between Chelsea and QPR (which the players would definitley be aware of) try to say that a point away at QPR is a poor result.

And Chelsea's and Arsenal's games versus London teams are tougher than United, Citys games versus London teams.
    This rivalry is negated by the fact that QPR are ****ing abysmal. QPR have also lost their identity completely in the last few years. None of those players give a **** about playing Chelsea on a local level. They may want to beat them because Chelsea are a big scalp.

I know Chelsea v QPR/Fulham and other London clubs are big games, but could not disagree more on last point.

just agree to disagree.

Side stepped what point?
    That there are myriad other factors to what makes a game difficult. Geography, in this multi-cultured, transnational league that the PL has become, is just one of many. And it's getting less important.

This rivalry is negated by the fact that QPR are ****ing abysmal. QPR have also lost their identity completely in the last few years. None of those players give a **** about playing Chelsea on a local level. They may want to beat them because Chelsea are a big scalp.

Its a big derby for the fans, and has now been raised another level with the Anton Ferdinand case, the games between them have been very intense!

Fair enough, QPR are one of the weaker sides, doesnt negate the rivalry though!

I know Chelsea v QPR/Fulham and other London clubs are big games, but could not disagree more on last point.

just agree to disagree.

we will agree to disagree so! aha :P

Its a big derby for the fans, and has now been raised another level with the Anton Ferdinand case, the games between them have been very intense!

Okay, so the fans like it on a local level. You've brought in another factor for the players. This is my point. It's not that I think that Chelsea don't have difficult games. I just think that it's similar for all top teams due to a number of factors.

Lol. Man Utd against Wigan is a derby (isn't it?), Wigan regularly get trounced by Utd. Explain that one ;)

Lol. Man Utd against Wigan is a derby (isn't it?), Wigan regularly get trounced by Utd. Explain that one ;)

United played better and beat them?

• Advertisement

United played better and beat them?

So chelsea didn't play better than QPR? Poor result so if they can't play better than them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Would like to see Anderson get the nod for the Braga game. Anybody else agree? Would of liked to have seen him start today. He has played well in his last few starts I thought.

So chelsea didn't play better than QPR? Poor result so if they can't play better than them.

its difficult to play better in that tense derby environment is my point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Looks like he is starting to get a bit of game time there... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Hope Ferdinand's dropped for Smalling if he's fit for Chelsea. Rio's time is drawing to a close anyway, his challenges have gone completely powderpuff, but today has riled me proper. The principle of his actions today were horrific and his conduct in the context of being a Manchester United player was completely objectionable, a very public form of insubordination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Hope Ferdinand's dropped for Smalling if he's fit for Chelsea. Rio's time is drawing to a close anyway, his challenges have gone completely powderpuff, but today has riled me proper. The principle of his actions today were horrific and his conduct in the context of being a Manchester United player was completely objectionable, a very public form of insubordination.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmk

So the FA are infallible now? I'm not just talking about England either. If football's governing bodies are serious about eradicating racism from the game, they have to hit clubs harder with fines.

So the FA are infallible now? I'm not just talking about England either. If football's governing bodies are serious about eradicating racism from the game, they have to hit clubs harder with fines.

They're an association, they can do what they want.

Don't like it, leave the association.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Fines are useless and serve little purpose, point deductions/competition expulsion and mandatory 'severe' player bans would enforce clubs to actually try to remove racism.

They're an association, they can do what they want.

Don't like it, leave the association.

Are you talking to me or the clubs?

Yes they can do what they want. I'm expressing my opinion that they aren't doing enough.

What is your point?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement