Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Military Service Pension Act 1934

Options
  • 03-06-2015 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

A relative of mine was awarded a military pension for service during the Easter Rising. The award was finally granted in 1951. Am I correct in saying that the payment would have been backdated, and from when did payments first apply ? ( ie. how far back would my relatives payment been backdated for ? )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Best bet is to contact Pensions Section in Dept of Defence in Renmore, Galway.

Give your family members name, DOB and any other details that you have, addresses etc.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭djh2009

Best bet is to contact Pensions Section in Dept of Defence in Renmore, Galway.

Give your family members name, DOB and any other details that you have, addresses etc.

Best of luck.
    Thanks for the reply Truffle Pig. Would I get more information than what is available for download on the Military Archives site ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

djh2009 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Truffle Pig. Would I get more information than what is available for download on the Military Archives site ?

I would imagine you would. I'm not sure how long Renmore hold pension records for but they will direct you to the right place or answer your query.

Advertisement