Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tesco petrol price?

• 26-07-2012 7:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

hi does anyone know how much unleaded is in clarehall tesco? heading up there tomorrow and the granny usually spends over a 100 on her shop so dont know whether to fill up before i head out there or wait and use the 10c off per litre.
    our local is 159.9
    so tesco aint gonna be much use if its 169.9
    also are all tesco garages the same price countrywide?
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 CGolf

I filled up today in Tesco in Maynooth. Diesel was 150.9 and petrol 160.9. It saved me €5.20 on the fill :) Not sure if all are same prices though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Pumps.ie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

checked that on the iphone 161.9 23/7
    could of changed in 3/4 days
    whilst it is good (pumps) its usually a few days old ( the info)
    our local has gone up 4c in the last 6 days 1c at a time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Just waiting for the "dont use tesco fuel cos it's crap" brigade...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

BX 19 wrote: »
    Just waiting for the "dont use tesco fuel cos it's crap" brigade...

Good job the "dont express your opinion on Tesco fuel quality" brigade got here first so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Just checked in Wex and it's 161.9 unleaded, apparentely yesterday it was 159.9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I think Tescos new "spend way more on your shopping than you usually would and get feck all off your fill of fuel" offer is brilliant. I will be heading in later to spend €101 euro, as I will every day from now on. The savings on fuel are going to be massive. I've done the sums and the results are..hang on, I only saved €2.35???? WTF????

well i live in roscommon and the nearest tesco petrol station is in tullamore i think,i have never used a tesco petrol station yet its just that i will be in dublin visiting and i wont be doing any shopping, someone else will i will just be bringing and collecting so i know they spend over a ton anyway so figured if i was gonna be there i might as well take advantage of the offer if it worked out cheaper, i reckon at least 50ltrs so could save a fiver? that will cover the tolls :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I personally have filled up in Tesco, Clarehall and have never had any issue. According to my friend, he filled up twice and had problems with the car stalling. He is the type of huy who will run a car empty and put in a fiver. I have had to pick him up before when he ran out of fuel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Tesco don't refine their own oil. I've seen a Statoil (now Topaz) tanker filling their tanks at Clarehall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

i work for tesco :o (secrets out) its a great company to give a student an income!

and i see trucks filling the pumps branded "wincanton" i think, and i'm fairly sure i see the same trucks filling the local applegreen from time to time.

i don't get staff discount on fuel but i do fairly religiously fill my cars there out of convenience, 1.5 vitz, 1.6 corolla, 1.8d focus, 2.0d vectra, 1.3t starlet, literally thousands of liters of fuel, never a problem.

andyseadog wrote: »
    i work for tesco :o (secrets out) its a great company to give a student an income!
    i do fairly religiously fill my cars there out of convenience, 1.5 vitz, 1.6 corolla, 1.8d focus, 2.0d vectra, 1.3t starlet, literally thousands of liters of fuel, never a problem.

a student with 5 cars :eek::eek: i didn't think they paid that well :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

a student with 5 cars :eek::eek: i didn't think they paid that well :D:D

not all at once :pac:

just putting it out there, they pay pretty good for the level of work you do. pretty sound job this weather too, people will always need food :P

Advertisement