Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs for O & O's or anybody really

Options
  • 16-10-2014 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

I am posting this in the Jobs forum but as O & O's looking for work are not made welcome in the jobs market I am posting it here too. I have seen that look on a potential employer's face when I walk in the door for interview, you can tell they didn't take notice of the dates on your CV and now they are sorry they have to interview you. I found job-seeking soul destroying. Is this of interest to O & O jobseekers? Its for all areas. You need to be registered on the publicjobs site.

http://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/campaignAdvert/14015.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I don't know JellyB..... I didn't even make to an interview. Just the emails saying thanks but no thanks. Most don't even bother replying which makes the social welfare folk very narky when they start looking for proof that you've applied for jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks Jelly, I need all the help I can get. Have to agree that job searching is soul destroying. I was called back for a 2nd interview today and was delighted with myself until they asked me to sit a test first. I had brushed up on all the software specified in the job description but the test involved software that wasn't mentioned. It was like looking at a honours Leaving Cert calculus :eek:
    I had to hold my hands up at the interview and take it from there. 2 hours later I emerged drained and realising that the 'Assistant' part of the job title was an understatement to say the least. Totally out of my depth, so I sit here with a diminished ego and expecting a thanks but no thanks letter on Monday.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I understand what ye are going through, I've done it so many times. Our family situation prevents me from looking for work now. Social Welfare cast me adrift a couple of years ago! :mad: It feels like they have given up on me along with every interviewer I have met in recent years. Hope ye get some good news soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Chucken wrote: »
    I don't know JellyB..... I didn't even make to an interview. Just the emails saying thanks but no thanks. Most don't even bother replying which makes the social welfare folk very narky when they start looking for proof that you've applied for jobs.

Chuckie when I did have to go to those painful meetings with SW I used to print out all my applications and any replies I got, and brought them as proof that I was applying. When they saw the huge folder (one of two) they said 'well you certainly are a tryer'. I waited for the woman to say 'can't believe you are still trying at this stage' as the words may not have been on her lips but they were definitely in her eyes. Anyway the staff in my local SW were happy with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Good idea for a thread Jelly.
    OPW looking for Seasonal Tour guides/Information Officers
    Plenty of info on here
    http://www.opw.ie/en/latestnews/articleheading,32342,en.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement