Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q/A - Google Music!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Can only answer question 1 for you as I am in the process of uploading my songs to Google Play Music at the moment.
    Songs purchased from iTunes will not be uploaded because they are DRM protected.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,718 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Can only answer question 1 for you as I am in the process of uploading my songs to Google Play Music at the moment.
    Songs purchased from iTunes will not be uploaded because they are DRM protected.

I dont think ive actually had that issue tbh. Im pretty sure all mine uploaded. Id have to check to be 100% but i think they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

So what happens to songs I've purchases? Is it that Google then give me access to their version of the song, or am I just have to live without them?

Thank you! very helpful

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

You could always download the music manager and upload your songs, that way you'll be know exactly where you stand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

when I imported a CD into iTunes, I would import them all as track1, track2....etc before entering the names. Now I enter the names before importing

Are you saying you manually entered the artist, album and song titles ? iTunes does that automatically, apart from the rare instances when it doesn't recognise the track.

Does that include DRM'd tracks you purchased from iTunes ?

So what happens to songs I've purchases? Is it that Google then give me access to their version of the song, or am I just have to live without them?

Yes sure download it yourself, make the itunes folder link and let it upload.

The log on to your music.google.com account and see whats there.

That much is free and doesnt require a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭budhabob

budhabob wrote: »
    Just wondering, based on this, is it possible to add my OH to my Play account so that she can access my music without reuploading it to her account. Both our music is saved in one folder on the PC, so no point duplicating the upload. Or would I need to set up a new account as suggested above?

Hey all, any advice on the above query?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭budhabob

Cheers, that's what I thought alright. Shame.

But at least there is an option to achieve it anyway.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Are you saying you manually entered the artist, album and song titles ? iTunes does that automatically, apart from the rare instances when it doesn't recognise the track.

Yep. Some tracks were entered in from copied CD's from friends. The CD's didn't have track info so had to enter it in manually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Dunno, never actually bought anything from it, I thought it was all DRM'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Dunno, never actually bought anything from it, I thought it was all DRM'd.

You can copy the music from iTunes to Google Music, at least the option came up for me.

budhabob wrote: »
    Hey all, any advice on the above query?

Yes i had the same issue, Just created a brand new account specifically for the music and we have that shared for all android devices around the house. Which is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Screenshot of my Play Music.

Clipboard01_zpsa2cfea3b.jpg

I have 4534 items in my library, nearly all are songs, baring a few album booklets.

Only 4467 songs are being uploaded to the Google Play account.

Oh, found out why. Apps, Music Videos & Podcasts weren't being uploaded. Worry over.

Now to wait..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

Got a new album yesterday. Uploaded it to Itunes as I couldn't figure out how to directly upload it to google music. Then it wouldn't upload to google music without me restarting my computer. Most importantly it has still not appeared on my nexus despite me restarting it and refreshing the music in the settings.

Any ideas...

EDIT - To get it updated on the phone, you need to have auto sync on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Only 2 songs failed for me so far, left it on last night and around 4700/6700 uploaded ok.

Although it's not matching some stuff that I can see on the Play Store, like Daft Punks Tron Legacy is already on there but it's still uploading it.

How does it match, by hash of the file or tags? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Don't worry about the fails, they'll upload next time

• Registered Users Posts: 12,502 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just saw this, I've had it active for a while but still good that it's got an launch here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Story with this uploading lark??

It says it scans the library and uploads only the tunes they don't have.

I've 20,000 tunes on the upload and its going one by one, does it still upload every tune even if they have it in their library.

Also wouldn't mind paying a few extra quid for some extra space, hopefully its soon to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Has anybody bought ding dong the witch is dead?

It's number one on iTunes but not listed in the charts on Google music.

I just bought it there for 0.99 cent. Wonder if we could get it to number one...!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭fredotf2

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Story with this uploading lark??

It says it scans the library and uploads only the tunes they don't have.

I've 20,000 tunes on the upload and its going one by one, does it still upload every tune even if they have it in their library.

Also wouldn't mind paying a few extra quid for some extra space, hopefully its soon to come.

A lot of people have been asking this. The only theory I have is that when the Music Manager says 20% uploaded it may in fact mean that 20% of the song has been scanned. So even though it says it is uploading it is actually scanning and then using the Google Music copy they have in their library. This is the best theory I have and feel free to dispute it.
    Some dispute that it did not scan their songs at all. This is the source I have claiming otherwise - http://techland.time.com/2012/12/19/google-play-musics-scan-and-match-service-comes-stateside/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Has anybody bought ding dong the witch is dead?

It's number one on iTunes but not listed in the charts on Google music.

I just bought it there for 0.99 cent. Wonder if we could get it to number one...!

Why? I'd rather spend the 99c on something purposeful than pull the piss out of a deal old lady as that's just pitifully sad.

Mines been uploading since this morning, nearly there now. I don't know why it's uploading every single song though. Seems utterly pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

I have a problem sharing songs on Google+. I've read a few web pages and I understand that this needs to be a song that you have purchased on Google Play not one that you uploaded.

The people I share with see 'Play preview' when they should see 'Play once for free'. I've done a bit of searching and this doesn't seem to be a known problem so I'm wondering if it is some issue just with Ireland (ie: there are rights problems or there's a bug).

Has anyone here managed to share a song on G+ and the recipients have gotten a free play of the full song, not just a 30-60 second sample?

Advertisement