Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 Cooking Club Week 10: America style Pancake with maple syrup and bacon

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Yea I'd say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Made these for the zillionth time today, with strawberries as well as the bacon and maple syrup (and halloumi instead of bacon for the veggie in my life). I'll be making them again on Pancake Tuesday :) Delicious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

How many pancakes do you get out of the OP's recipe? Gonna make these for myself but I don't want to make too much and have stuff go to waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Ageyev wrote: »
    How many pancakes do you get out of the OP's recipe? Gonna make these for myself but I don't want to make too much and have stuff go to waste.

Maybe about 10 nice size pancakes, if you don't use them they freeze ok and reheat in nicely.

I made the mixture per OP and I got 4 pancakes with enough left for maybe two more. This was my first time making this type of pancake and I ended up making them a bit too thick. They were yum though with maple syrup and blueberries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Made these tonight but they came out a bit flat. Not sure what went wrong as I made them the same as the OP. They were still tasty tho!

sarah88 wrote: »
    Made these tonight but they came out a bit flat. Not sure what went wrong as I made them the same as the OP. They were still tasty tho!

My first batch was fine though I accidently put in two measures of bicarb instead of sodium bicarb and baking powder because I misread my containers.

Second batch I used baking power AND the bicarb but I think I messed up the flour measure because the mixture was too liquidy and not thick enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I don't have any maple syrup, what else goes well with American pancakes?

I don't have any maple syrup, what else goes well with American pancakes?

You could try honey or chocolate spread.

Some ideas here http://www.irishexaminer.com/examviral/real-life/10-delicious-pancake-recipes-that-are-way-more-exciting-than-lemon-and-sugar-312955.html
    The apple one sounds interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I made these over the weekend, delicious! And the apple sauce (above) was great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Think this thread deserves a bump!! Making these at the minute for the tea!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Just made these for brunch. So gorgeous and a hit with everyone. Going to have them again for tea nxt Tuesday for the day that will be in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Funnily enough, I made them for the first time yesterday. :)

jQw61OD.jpg

They were lovely, thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Made them again today for the day that's in it. Double recipe made 22 pancakes. There was only one left - teenage sons ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Made them tonight. Crisped up the bacon beforehand & then crumbled it directly in on the pan, added blueberries, served with butter & maple syrup. Dinner was 1,000 calories of yum

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Forgot to post about making these. Great recipe. Slight eggy taste the first time I made them so I reduced the amount of egg I used the next time and they were spot. Thanks OP.

402884.JPG

Advertisement