Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming ChitChat Ploughs On To Five

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭mayota

whelan2 wrote: »
    jeeny, you're quick:rolleyes:

I think it's another reincarnation there talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

jeeny, you're quick:rolleyes:

All part of the job ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,349 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Hi and hope ye are all keeping well :)
    I got an opportunity to log onto the site at about 5.30pm today.
    Been up to my eyes since ironing pillow cases, duvet covers, sheets, shirts, jocks etc and packing my youngest off to college for his second year.
    I have had no time read through the threads in F&F other than "Beef in Crises" thread which as most of ye know is a financial concern of mine.
    Hopefully catch up with ye towards the weekend :D

Base price wrote: »
    Been up to my eyes since ironing pillow cases, duvet covers, sheets, shirts, jocks etc and packing my youngest off to college for his second year.
    I have had no time read through the threads in F&F other than "Beef in Crises" thread which as most of ye know is a financial concern of mine.

I've a bit of ironing here if your free :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

BP we love you and don't disappear, I want to hear about the atrocious cost of salad rolls in dublin compared to here :pac:

• Advertisement

.Kovu. wrote: »
    BP we love you and don't disappear, I want to hear about the atrocious cost of salad rolls in dublin compared to here :pac:

They are cheaper :eek:

If ya know where to look

Reggie. wrote: »
    Wish I could show how to do a real deep rotation.
    :rolleyes:

Where is Kovu, when you need her to help out with the appropriate animated emicons!

Free !!!
    Lad you are in the dark ages :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Base price wrote: »

Ironing Jocks? Holy oul Jaysus. He doesn't know how well he has it! :-)

Ironing Jocks? Holy oul Jaysus. He doesn't know how well he has it! :-)
    Ahh, friction burns are like a dry, salty......
    Nah, ain't going there ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,831 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Was out there checking a heifer calving. A fox walked right along side me. Would a fox attack a human?

Was out there checking a heifer calving. A fox walked right along side me. Would a fox attack a human?
    Highly unlikely in an open area like a field.
    However if you were to come across one in a shed and you were blocking their only escape route, then a cornered fox will growl to warn you off their personal space.
    I always bring my 3 dogs (mongrel terrier and 2 rotties) and s/s db when herding at night.
    To be honest I have more of a fear of rats and pine martins than I have with foxes :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Awake all night and still can't sleep. Have tried the "I'll get up and do some paperwork" tbought which usually sends me into dreamland but that not working either. Have slurry to spread but if I go spreading slurry at 4am then the neighbours send for the men in white coats

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Awake all night and still can't sleep. Have tried the "I'll get up and do some paperwork" tbought which usually sends me into dreamland but that not working either. Have slurry to spread but if I go spreading slurry at 4am then the neighbours send for the men in white coats
    I feel your pain. Crashed the bike at the national Track championships, and dislocated the shoulder and broke the collarbone. They can't pin collarbone yet sip I have to ' sleep' sitting up. Tween that and the pain I haven't been able to sleep since Sat. If ya want to spread slurry do. It, fcuk what the neighbors say, it's better than lying in bed edition ghost for morning to come!

gadetra wrote: »
    I feel your pain. Crashed the bike at the national Track championships, and dislocated the shoulder and broke the collarbone. They can't pin collarbone yet sip I have to ' sleep' sitting up. Tween that and the pain I haven't been able to sleep since Sat. If ya want to spread slurry do. It, fcuk what the neighbors say, it's better than lying in bed edition ghost for morning to come!

Sorry to hear your woes and hhope you feeling better soon. You probably laid uo for while with that. Was looking at old posts on here. A lot of names I never seen before with closed accounts and also a few u reckon have been reincarniated.
    It to late to sleep now. Milking is my latest plan. Cows will think something wrong then

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Sorry to hear your woes and hhope you feeling better soon. You probably laid uo for while with that. Was looking at old posts on here. A lot of names I never seen before with closed accounts and also a few u reckon have been reincarniated.
    It to late to sleep now. Milking is my latest plan. Cows will think something wrong then

Yeah laid up for a couple of months with operation and the like. It's like being in prison so far!

Did cows look at you sideways this morning?!

There were a few not like being woken up. But cows milked, heifers checked, breakfast over and now slurry for the day. If in tesco my day be finished before dinnertime

No. But back any animal into a corner and you're liable to provoke an attack.

saw a hedgehog there this morning when closing in cows, b=not sure it it was dead, do they dite or something, i didnt go near it

saw a hedgehog there this morning when closing in cows, b=not sure it it was dead, do they dite or something, i didnt go near it

Nah, they wouldn't really bit you. They'd give you fleas though:D
    It's a general rule of thumb that seeing a hedgehog in the daylight suggests there is often something wrong with him/her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

If your neighbours ring the men in white coats over spreading slurry at 4am my neighbours must think I'm a stone wall lunatic at times some of the Craic that goes on ha

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

4 council 'workers' on our road this am, 1 on tractor and 3 on road trimming ditch that was cut already by the owner!!!! never fails to put me in bad humour...

Very rare thing to see in daytime

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Am I the only one asleep or did the rest of ye notice that con is back? I hope he stays around I haven't had a proper row with anyone for ages. He's like a proper old style junior full forward, knock 11 shades of sh1t out of ya during the match and happily go for a pint with you afterwards.

you wont have long to wait, disadvantaged payments are due soon:D

anyway id say you new how to give the full forward a few tallies too,

except for women who just seem to attack for no reason at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

except for women who just seem to attack for no reason at all

:D Ha Id say ya drove her to it...

Nah, they wouldn't really bit you. They'd give you fleas though:D
    It's a general rule of thumb that seeing a hedgehog in the daylight suggests there is often something wrong with him/her.
    ye if its still there this evening i will have a poke at it with a very long stick

ellewood wrote: »
    :D Ha Id say ya drove her to it...

is it to much to expect your dinner in the evening...........ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

ye if its still there this evening i will have a poke at it with a very long stick

Having taught's of scene in friends where they poke the big fat lad in the apartment across from them with a big long stick to see if he was dead or alive
    Would u be monica or Rachel Whelan??

• Advertisement

Sure it'll do ya no harm just pick it up

is it to much to expect your dinner in the evening...........ffs

Not really but you probably wanted dessert as well:)

ah now daisy is it any wonder you cant sleep at night, too much dessert

ah now daisy is it any wonder you cant sleep at night, too much dessert

Full of sugar...

How did your one cow protest go on after hours Daisy :D

Wasn't too bad till one poster said he'd eaten my brother with pepper sauce the night before:rolleyes:

Jaysus I go on with some sh**e at times.
    They say every family has someone slightly loopy. And if you can't think who it is, then it probably you.:D

• Advertisement

Wasn't too bad till one poster said he'd eaten my brother with pepper sauce the night before:rolleyes:

Jaysus I go on with some sh**e at times.
    They say every family has someone slightly loopy. And if you can't think who it is, then it probably you.:D
    Must have been your brother so :D

http://www.thestar.ie/star/video-irish-troops-ambushed-in-golan-heights-52276/

Video of an Irish convoy getting ambushed in the golan heights a few months ago.

For anyone that's interested

eldest lad texted me there that we will have to collect him and drop him to school as theres no room on the bus:mad::mad: himself and 4 others where told this . Fook it anyway. Bus eireann is a joke

eldest lad texted me there that we will have to collect him and drop him to school as theres no room on the bus:mad::mad: himself and 4 others where told this . Fook it anyway. Bus eireann is a joke

Time for the new hi lux

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

you wont have long to wait, disadvantaged payments are due soon:D

anyway id say you new how to give the full forward a few tallies too,

Nothing annoyed me more than a fella that couldn't give and take.

• Advertisement

Nothing annoyed me more than a fella that couldn't give and take.

yea, best games were always where you and your opponent knocked the fcuk outa each other then when the game was over shook hands and walked off the pitch for a few after match pints, good days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Very rare thing to see in daytime

Council workers working or Hedgehog s

Council workers working or Hedgehog s

Hedgehogs. Very nocturnal creatures. Very lucky to even see them at night to be honest

Hedgehogs. Very nocturnal creatures. Very lucky to even see them at night to be honest

Father use to have plenty in his garden, mind you him and the step mother were feeding them.

I do miss the lunch time G + T and squirral shoots with the old fella

Father use to have plenty in his garden, mind you him and the step mother were feeding them.

I do miss the lunch time G + T and squirral shoots with the old fella

Only seen around 4 alive in the wild in my life

Only seen around 4 alive in the wild in my life

Have seen more wildlife up close in my 20 plus years in London , than I did during my 18 odd years on the Farm

Most depressing thing was seeing how high a fence a fox could clear.

Have seen more wildlife up close in my 20 plus years in London , than I did during my 18 odd years on the Farm

Most depressing thing was seeing how high a fence a fox could clear.

Sure remember that poor child in London that got mauled by one getting in the open upstairs window

Sure remember that poor child in London that got mauled by one getting in the open upstairs window

You feed a wild animal , what do you expect, on my walks to work I was getting in kicking distance of one lazy Reynard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

Hill farmers down at enda kennys office today protesting.i see the Boys in blue are there as we'll keeping an eye on them

naughto wrote: »
    Hill farmers down at enda kennys office today protesting.i see the Boys in blue are there as we'll keeping an eye on them

ewe on them surely :cool:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement