Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Know Your Maynoothians - 2014/2015

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Nurgle_94

tomekgw wrote: »
    HELLO EVERYONE!!!

So, my name is Tomek.

Trust me. You do not want to know my surname. :D

I am 19 years old and I'll be 20 on 22nd March. :D

I am from.... now... You mean in Ireland? A ****hole called Baltinglass in Co. Wicklow.
    In Poland, I was born in Cracow but now when I go to Poland for holidays I usually go to Warsaw because that's where my dad lives.

Im going into 1st year to do Computer science and software engineering through science entry.

My interests? Well... I like to play CS:GO in my free time which I have a lot of now until college starts. But Im not a typical gamer like. I dont have any other games for PC. Well, except for The Sims 3 :D but I dont play it anymore.

I like to sing to myself. I like listening to music (a bit of all genres but mostly pop and R&B). I love watching movies, all genres as long as the film is good.

Well. Thats about it :D Thanks :D See you...

I know you :P you don't know me but you know cathal h and John Collier :L:L

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jDicey

Name: Jaclyn or Jac

Course/Year:1st year Arts - Physics, Music, probably Maths (I'm on the fence)

Interests: I'm really into music and consider myself a bit of a metalhead, but I also really love folk music and musical theater and sing a bit of opera/art song. I actually enjoy learning and attending classes, though nothing beats real life experiences; amateur adventurer here. Another love of mine is tabletop gaming and roleplay (minds out o' the gutter). Recently I've taken an interest in health and fitness, and I'm really looking forward to getting into the school's gym. Of course I can't sum myself up in a handful of hobbies, but that's where the fun of getting to know me comes in. :P

Anywho, I'm beyond excited to meet some people and reading your intros has me hyped up. ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭ConstantJoe

Name: Joe

Course: 4th CSSE. I'm seeing a bit of a pattern in this thread. Apparently lots of CS people spend a lot of time on computers. Who'da thunk it :P

Interests: Reading, binge-watching telly, listening to cringey music, spending too much money in restaurants. Planning on rejoining the fencing club.

After a whole year out of Maynooth, it's great to be back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tomekgw

Nurgle_94 wrote: »
    I know you :P you don't know me but you know cathal h and John Collier :L:L

Okay. So right now, I feel like the guy from the film Taken speaking on the phone but without the killing part ;D ;D

:D:D:D Who are you? :D And why do you know so much about me? Do I know you on Facebook? If yes then at least I would have it narrowed to 455 people ;D

:D:D

Okay. So right now, I feel like the guy from the film Taken speaking on the phone but without the killing part ;D ;D

:D:D:D Who are you? :D And why do you know so much about me? Do I know you on Facebook? If yes then at least I would have it narrowed to 455 people ;D

:D:D

No you don't know me on Facebook so sorry, not narrowing it down :D I know who you are cause I used to be good friends with them both :L what is jez doing now I haven't talked to him for years :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tomekgw

Nurgle_94 wrote: »
    No you don't know me on Facebook so sorry, not narrowing it down :D I know who you are cause I used to be good friends with them both :L what is jez doing now I haven't talked to him for years :O

I WANT TO KNOW WHO YOU ARE! And John is doing good :D

Wait... Jez.... That's... We used to call him that ageees ago. So you must be an old friend really.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Wait... Jez.... That's... We used to call him that ageees ago. So you must be an old friend really.

And the mystery begins to unravel

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jDicey

And the mystery begins to unravel

DUN Dun dun DUUUUUN! *dramatic prairie dog eyes*

I know them about 4 and a half years :L Except we call jez cheese :L haven't spoke to him for about 2 years though he disappeared :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

Name: John
    Course/Year: MLitt Economics, 1st year (hoping to transfer to PhD after this year). Did my undergrad in Maynooth as well.
    Interests: Ice hockey, politics, ancient computer games (Heroes III/AoEII), blogging, playing cards, HIMYM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I will kick your ass at AoEII.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭FatherlyNick

banquo wrote: »

u wot m8?

1v1 me on 9gag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

u wot m8?

1v1 me on 9gag

get rekt m9

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭FatherlyNick

marko93 wrote: »
    get rekt m9

You mother ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)er!

I accept ANY challenge to AoEII that doesn't involve me having to get up and go anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I have no idea what just happened ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

Challenge. Accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I accept ANY challenge to AoEII that doesn't involve me having to get up and go anywhere.

prison rules

large map with water
    all cheat codes
    unlimited resources

lets go.

Limited to Dark Age
    Pop cap: 75
    Resources: Scarce

Makes for the most frustrating game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Limited to Dark Age
    Pop cap: 75
    Resources: Scarce

Makes for the most frustrating game.

Build just enough houses for 50 , 10 villagers cutting wood and mining, build a dock, fish for all food unless berry trees, build barracks 40 of whatever the best warriors you can, go in quickly and kill opponents before any kind of walls can be researched

• Advertisement

Build houses in a spiral around your town centre so when you garrison it under attack they all die before they get there.

In the meantime, go for their villagers straight away. Handicaps them.

I got up for water, and now this?

Build houses in a spiral around your town centre so when you garrison it under attack they all die before they get there.

In the meantime, go for their villagers straight away. Handicaps them.

I got up for water, and now this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jenties87

Name: Jamie is me :)

From: Clondalkin in Dublin (not looking forward to the commute)

Course/Year: Going into First Year for my BA in Anthropology ^_^

Interests: I have interests in reading, politics and activism but sadly these activities are usually disrupted by watching mindless television and playing computer games :P

Looking forward to seeing you all in a few weeks time

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Picasso711

Name: Eric

Subject: CSSE through arts - 1st year

Interests: playing astro and watching LFC. Watching TV shows and documentaries. Listening to music and having a beer. Looking forward to getting stuck in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭Dickie10

cant wait to get back. headin 3rd year and just realised only one more year of drinking, craic, hoorin left, so I intend to leave my mark espically in semester 1 , before sh88t gts real!! 26 meath here!

Advertisement