Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formal, figure hugging, (probably black) trousers?

Options
  • 02-09-2014 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm wondering if anyone could recommend where I might find a nice pair? with a view to a formal, work look? wearing a pair today but they are virtually flared and make me look very wide from the waist down, doesn't suit me at all really.

Any ideas appreciated

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭jellybear

I find the Savida section in Dunnes trousers a great fit. I get my skinny black jeans there but I know they do lots of different styles of trouser in different materials :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

are Dunnes worth money? not as cheap as they were, are they worth it ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭jellybear

They're not Dunnes. It's an outlet in Dunnes and I find the quality brilliant. Their prices range about €30-45 so I don't know how that compares to what you're currently spending on trousers but might be worth a look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Wexy86

I normally get mine from New Look or Dorothy Perkins as they do the shorter lengths.

DP have an online 25% off sale at tho mo so worth checking out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

My favourite work trousers are a tapered leg black pair from Next. I've since bought them in navy and cream too, but wear the black more than the others.

I had a similar style pair from Dorothy Perkins, but the quality of the Next ones is much nicer...they don't have that horrible rustly polyester feel that a lot of the workwear lines in budget high street shops tend to. They were still very reasonably priced and most definitely a good buy!

Funnily enough, I'm not really into Next tops, dresses etc, but their trousers are the best!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

my favourite pair of trousers are from marks and spencer, they have some slim trousers that are made of a thick material (almost like wetsuit material but not quite, they are not shiny at all) they look really well and are really nice and neat looking for work. if you dont like/find them marks and spencer have a gigantic range of plack trousers in all shapes and sizes and materials so you are almost guaranteed to find something there and they are all mostly good quality too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I got a lovely Warehouse pair, lot of compliments on em

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

I tried on a lovely pair in Zara last week-almost ankle grazers though but would be lovely with heels.
    Another good pair that I owned were from Next-they were about €50 but worth it..........I had them for about a year until I ripped the bum of them playing horsey horsey with my 2 year old!

Advertisement