Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus from Raheen (Southcourt) to UL?

Options
  • 17-10-2013 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm a bit confused with the timetables and bus numbers, so someone might be able to help me out.

Is there a direct bus on the hour to UL from Raheen or would I have to change in town? I have seen a few different number buses around Raheen, so not sure what one to get from the church.

Do I have to get on at the church side, or the other side of the road near the flower shop.

I have 9 am starts in UL, so not sure if I were to rely on the bus instead of driving, would I be out on time?

I'm usually in UL for 8:30 anyhow, so don't mind getting there earlier.

I read somewhere it could take an hour to get out there? :confused::eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

304 goes from Raheen to Ul , via town , you dont have to change

You can get it from the side of the church and then go on a tour a ballycummin/Raheen for 20 minutes and come back out a few hundred yards up the road.

If you dont want to do this magical mystery tour you can get on near meadowvale also. ( walk 2 stop from florist towards town) 301 stops at this one also so just make sure you get on the correct one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Thanks for that. Do you know roughly how long it takes to get to UL on weekdays? Anyone use it?

sorry , never used it to ul.

I'll do a dummy run on Monday, I don't have to be out for 9 am exactly.

There's one that leaves at 7:55 opposite Raheen church, so I'll get it and see how it goes. Gets me out at 8:30 which would be perfect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

It can definitely take an hour, if not more, when the traffic is bad. In the morning, if you get it early, it mightn't be too bad.

Yeah, the 7:55 would the one I need to get for 3 days of the week, can't see a whole lot of traffic between 8 and 8:30, but I'll try it tomorrow...

Bit of a disaster earlier. Ended up driving out to UL and had to go to the pay car park to make it worse!

Got down to the stop opposite Raheen Church waiting for the 11:05 304 bus to town, it's the UL route? (based on the website route planner)

There is a piece of paper on the stop saying the 304 doesn't stop here, but up the side road of Raheen church. Ok, I walk up to the 304 Ballycummin stop and am waiting around.

I look down towards Raheen church and the junction, and a bus passes at 11:05 on the Dooradoyle road on the way into town.

I'm confused now! I'm near 3 stops, and am not sure which one to stand at!

There is a direct bus to UL that stops opposite the church at 7:55 based on the website. But I am not 100% sure now???

More than likely you saw a 301 - it stops across from church. 304 at side of church.

Get on at meadowvale, much simpler

Meadowvale, just in front of the estate? Where the stop is with no place to pull in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭SEORG

Yeah, that's it. It stops there after doing coming down Avonmore Road.

If you get on near the church (Ballycummin Road) you will have 10/15mins around Raheen/Dooradoyle.

ok, I'll have to do a dummy run..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Said I'd get the bus last night from The Crescent to town. Didn't realise they only go every 30 minutes in the evening. Crazy. :mad:

Well, I have 9 am starts in UL and would like to start getting the bus out to save some money, but I can't f*ck up my times as I need to be there for 9! So I'll have to do some dummy runs when I'm not on at 9.

Thing is, can I totally rely on it? Though I'd be aiming to be out for 8:30 so would get an early bus. Usually before 8 am the traffic isn't too bad...

Hey Seachto, since september there's a direct Raheen to UL bus going via the Childer's Road if that's of any use to you.

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1378994086-304X.pdf

That's the one I'd like to get, so it does leave from opposite the church then?

It's the 304X I should be looking for.

Getting home is the least of my worries, it's getting out there on time that concerns me.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

seachto7 wrote: »
    That's the one I'd like to get, so it does leave from opposite the church then?

It's the 304X I should be looking for.

Getting home is the least of my worries, it's getting out there on time that concerns me.

Bit late but 304x goes at 7:55am Mon to Fri during the college semesters.
    It goes from the stop just off the Raheen Ind Estate entrance beside the florists. Its normally out in UL by 8:20am.

The normal 304 (Raheen-UL) turns just after the pedestrian lights up towards Ballycummin and its scenic drive around Raheen dooradoyle. Normally pretty reliable in the morning at every 15mins.

So the 304X leaves from the stop opposite the church? That would be easier than having to walk down to Meadowvale...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

the Raheen bus is gone so bad.And they really need to show a route map or a list of ALL stops so many people confused

Still trying to get Bus Éireann to put bus stops poles at bus stops! You think that'd be the first thing they'd do. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

seachto7 wrote: »
    So the 304X leaves from the stop opposite the church? That would be easier than having to walk down to Meadowvale...

sorry for delay in replying.. yes opposite the front of the church

be wary the sign on front will probably say '308' and on the back '304x'! :rolleyes:

cool, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 TheAdammaka

Does anyone know if the 304x is running again? Can't see anything from bus eireann. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭dorito92

don't forget you can use the website http://whensmybus.buseireann.ie/ type in the name of your stop and it'll show up when the bus is coming in real time,you can use it on your phone too. i always use it its great saves me waiting ages for a bus. Usually when the site says the bus will be there in 5 mins its at the stop already

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I am interested in finding out about this bus as well , It says it stops on Childers road " Opp Shopping Center " , anyone know if this is opposite Dunnes on Childers road ?

I think it means Childers Road Retail Park but when I used to go to UL, I often got the 304x equivalent and it would stop for me by Roxboro Shopping Centre too (in the lay-by by Topaz).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I think it means Childers Road Retail Park but when I used to go to UL, I often got the 304x equivalent and it would stop for me by Roxboro Shopping Centre too (in the lay-by by Topaz).

oooooh this is what I need , daughter is starting in UL ( \0/ yaaay we finally got a clever one , retirement is just around the corner ) and I am looking for a convincing arguement for not having to drive her there every morning . Can anyone else confirm that the 304x stops at Roxboro ?

Advertisement