Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casey Kasem RIP

Options
  • 15-06-2014 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭

Legendary broadcaster Casey Kasem has died earlier this morning at the age of 82.

Casey Kasem was probably best known to Irish listeners as the host of the AT40 (American Top 40) on Sunday afternoons on Radio Nova.

Casey was also the voice of Shaggy on Scooby Doo.

RIP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,860 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

ZOIKS!

RIP Casey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

• Registered Users Posts: 12,994 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Casey wasn't a legend; he was an icon. He made charts shows what they are today.

As he'd say himself, "Keep the feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars."

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Another legend gone. We gettin old. Youth today haven't a clue how good these guys were.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Ahh...Whatever happened to Nova..............:P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭SATNAV

loving the hits and counting them down caseys coast to coast , can somebody find the jam jingle as heard on radio stations around the world like ???? / counting them up and counting them down ?. he's up there with the big Ron O' Brien in stead of reaching for the stars he's one of them now .

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭DublinKev

RIP Casey.

There are a couple of great You Tube videos of both Big Ron O'Brien and Bruce Vidal doing their stuff on KIIS FM in the 80s. Legends, all now sadly departed.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

RIP Casey - I still recall his voice on Americas Top 40 on Radio Nova back in the pirate days - 30years ago now???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

OMG I completely missed this story when it broke. RIP to a real icon of my childhood and adolescence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Radio Freak

petronius wrote: »
    RIP Casey - I still recall his voice on Americas Top 40 on Radio Nova back in the pirate days - 30years ago now???

One of the best radio icons ever. I used to listen to him on radio nova and it brings back fond memories.

Advertisement