Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Purse/Bag - Need guidance

• 05-12-2012 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Alright folks,

Confused bloke here, looking at maybe getting the bettter half a purse or handbag as her main pressie this year, but have NO IDEA what brands are cool, what aren't, what makes a nice bag, what doesnt....

budget is about 150 - 200...Any guidance is much appreciated!

Regards,

Lash

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 L_S1991

Lash_Alert wrote: »
    Alright folks,

Confused bloke here, looking at maybe getting the bettter half a purse or handbag as her main pressie this year, but have NO IDEA what brands are cool, what aren't, what makes a nice bag, what doesnt....

budget is about 150 - 200...Any guidance is much appreciated!

Regards,

Lash

Marc B - find it online, also available online through Topshop. I have 2 of the bags & have had so many compliments! Also it's good they're not really available here so it will be unusual :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭Froggy123

Depends what kind of bags she's into really....

If she likes colourful bags Paul's boutique do nice bags that are a bit quirky.

Guess do really nice bags, and they are bound to have something within your price range.

At the moment there are also some really nice bags in BT2's that would definitely be in your price range(plus they have 20% off at the moment, so that helps!!) I was in there the other day and the new season Michael kors bags are in, and the smaller
    one is around 220(20% will bring it in budget!!) Kind of like this!! It also comes in black...(though the brown is really nice for spring!)

http://www.michaelkors.com/p/MICHAEL-Michael-Kors-MICHAEL-Michael-Kors-Jet-Set-Small-Travel-Tote-VIEW-ALL-HANDBAGS/prod14680008_cat3003_cat8501_/?index=161&cmCat=cat000000cat8501cat3003&isEditorial=false

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,644 ✭✭✭✭fits

^ And I cant stick pauls boutique, or guess.

OP, honestly, I'm not sure if this is a good idea. You could spend a lot of money on something that she might not like or use. You'll need to give us an idea of what brands she likes or what kind of style she has. Favourite colours, etc.

Or give her a 200 euro voucher for Brown Thomas ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

Some beautiful bags in Ted Baker... If someone was buying me a bag would love one of their soft tan leather & patent satchels or something like:

https://m.tedbaker.com/women%27s/women%27s_accessories/bags/104298-exotic_embossed_tote/detail.aspx?

Also DKNY or Guess in BT's.. Can't go too far wrong! :)

Agree with above poster.. Hate Paul's Boutique (I just think 'tacky' and 'tween') but then...others love it! Really will depend on individual choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Bags are a very personal thing - so unless you know exactly what she would like, you could make a mess of it :)

Perhaps you could take a walk with her through BT one day, and see what she likes. Or maybe Arnott's, Cleary's or Debenhams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

totally agree. Bags are all down to personal taste and what one girl would love another would hate. If you got the wrong one she would feel obliged to wear it even if she didnt like it

why not take a stroll through a store like dudara suggested or ask a close friend of hers if there is a bag she really wants?

Advertisement