Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Professional Webb Design

Options
  • 05-09-2014 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all.

I'm looking for advice on professional web design for an E-commerce based site that will increase my sales across UK and Europe. I need some recommendations of companies who do a professional job, will get me excellent SEO but don't cost tens of thousands.

My present site went through a second rebuild about 5 yrs ago and due to the fact that I use Realex to process card payments as well as Paypal, I was advised to run with 'Bigcommerce' for the shopping cart and design. The end result was anything but perfect and it looks cheap, doesn't do what I had hoped and doesn't generate anything near the sales I expect.

Any genuine recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Link to site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

smash wrote: »
    Link to site?

New users can't post links. But can get around it by replacing the dots with (dot) or putting a space between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭adamrooney

Vizzi wrote: »
    Hi all.

I'm looking for advice on professional web design for an E-commerce based site that will increase my sales across UK and Europe. I need some recommendations of companies who do a professional job, will get me excellent SEO but don't cost tens of thousands.

My present site went through a second rebuild about 5 yrs ago and due to the fact that I use Realex to process card payments as well as Paypal, I was advised to run with 'Bigcommerce' for the shopping cart and design. The end result was anything but perfect and it looks cheap, doesn't do what I had hoped and doesn't generate anything near the sales I expect.

Any genuine recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

If you can give more information, like a link to the site, I can advise you. You can PM if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Big Commerce are a pain in the backside. Realex are sent ranges of IP addresses from them because they keep adding new IP addresses for their servers.

Can you pm me your website URL, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Vizzi wrote: »
    Hi all.
    I was advised to run with 'Bigcommerce' for the shopping cart and design. The end result was anything but perfect and it looks cheap, doesn't do what I had hoped and doesn't generate anything near the sales I expect.

I would say that there are issues in your business and how you promote your business that have very little to do with the choice of ecommerce platform.

BigCommerce is far from perfect, I have built sites on it. But at the end of the day it does work and there are pretty good themes available for it so I don't know why it would look cheap - that may be an issue with the designer rather than the platform.

Also generating sales requires additional work beyond the site build. You need competitor analysis tied with effective SEO, online and offline advertising/promotion (depending on your type of business) and of course competitively priced and/or unique products within your niche market.

• Advertisement
Advertisement