Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Orleans Saints Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

HigginsJ wrote: »
    What has been happening to ye this year? I think everyone expected ye to be one of the top NFC teams (7 people had ye going to the Super Bowl in the predictions thread) How has the defense taken such a marked step back ?

It's a combination of things. The cause of yesterday's disastrous loss was two things. Absolutely atrocious defense that gave up a very, very soft TD. And shocking paly calling and A mini-meltdown by Brees near the end of the game, that cost us the game. And surprise, surprise, last but not least. The officiating was a joke. So even without Brees throwing a bad Int at a bad moment in the game, poor officiating cost us the game. Some had us down as going to the Super bowl but as usual, some people where losing the run of themselves. Now I was expecting a Playoff run, but not this disaster. The team can't finish teams off and as we all know, until this team can win on the road, they aren't going anywhere.

We really needed to beat the Packers and thank feck we did.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Putin wrote: »
    We really needed to beat the Packers and thank feck we did.

It was an encouraging result and defense finally stepped up. At long last Cooks was used as a deep threat. The only one who had caught a deep ball all year was Kenny Stills. This division is wide open now and visiting Carolina in a short week will be a tough ask as they will look to bounce back. Need to avoid cheap turnovers to win this game.

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    It was an encouraging result and defense finally stepped up. At long last Cooks was used as a deep threat. The only one who had caught a deep ball all year was Kenny Stills. This division is wide open now and visiting Carolina in a short week will be a tough ask as they will look to bounce back. Need to avoid cheap turnovers to win this game.

Our red zone defense was particularly good. Now all we need is for this team to learn to win on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Putin wrote: »
    Our red zone defense was particularly good. Now all we need is for this team to learn to win on the road.

It will be a late night for me trying to catch this game. Thankfully the hour going back means it starts at 12.25 as opposed to 1.25. Will stay up until half time anyway. Effectively this game blows the NFC South wide open. Win this game and with 5 home games left on schedule we could be looking at a 10 - 6 record which was incomprehensible a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully Ingram can take off where he left off last week and open up the play action for Brees. Saints by 7.

• Advertisement

Finally a road win and now to win all the home games and we're looking good.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Psydeshow

I tell ya following this team has been an emotional decision! Going in to the season with big talk, we get a disappointing start to the season. They get some momentum going, clamber to the top of the dung heap, finally win one on the road, and then go and loose two in a row at home...

It's made it interesting at any rate.

Psydeshow wrote: »
    I tell ya following this team has been an emotional decision! Going in to the season with big talk, we get a disappointing start to the season. They get some momentum going, clamber to the top of the dung heap, finally win one on the road, and then go and loose two in a row at home...

It's made it interesting at any rate.

It's been an emotional rollercoaster alright. Totally ball busting to see us lose home games we should have won. Safe to park this season away and wait for 2015 with anticipation imo.

Losing to the Panthers the way we did, is the final straw for me this season. Pathetic stuff.

I can understand the need to free up the money and sort out our cap issues. But I'm not at all happy about trading Graham. He's an offensive weapon we won't be able to replace.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Rossie11

Stills gone with Spiller in.
    Looks like we are gonna go from pass happy to run run run.
    Wonder has Payton realised that he needs to take some of the pressure off Bree's as at times last year he was guilty of woeful turnovers.
    On a somewhat plus side they will 5 of the first 80 picks in the draft.
    Putin any idea who they will target? I haven't followed the college scene so don't know what sort of talent is there this year.

Rossie11 wrote: »
    Putin any idea who they will target?

With the crazy way this FA period has gone, I've no idea. But one thing is certain, there is major retooling going on right now and I think we could get some good work done in the draft to compliment it. I just would have preferred if we didn't let Graham going while doing it.

Happy that we restocked our defense with some good picks and apart from wasting two high value picks on a QB & OT, I thought that was solid enough draft.

Delighted that we landed Brandon Browner from the Pats. He might give up a lot of penalties but I think he's exactly what we need in our secondary.

So our great road form continues :rolleyes:.

No surprise that Drew really missed Graham against the Falcons and I still can't believe the gob****es let him go.:(

Advertisement