Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a Campervan...but whats the best make/model

Options
  • 05-09-2009 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Ok, my wife and I have decided we're going to purchase a used campervan. I've been looking online for last month but I'm confused on what are the best models to go for?

Can anyone make some recommendations on models etc..?

We're looking for a 6 berth and would like one that maximises space, I'm thinking one with a U Lounge to provide additional dining/sitting space for evenings etc..

thanks
    T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

tmalmb wrote: »
    Ok, my wife and I have decided we're going to purchase a used campervan. I've been looking online for last month but I'm confused on what are the best models to go for?

We're looking for a 6 berth and would like one that maximises space, I'm thinking one with a U Lounge to provide additional dining/sitting space for evenings etc..

thanks
    T

as i have recently got into motorhoming its not long since i was in the same position,what i would say to you is work out your budget look at lots of vans in that budget,their is no such thing as the best motorhome as it will depend on so many factors,i use mine as part another hobby as well as touring,their is lots of info on the net read as much as you can
    we have enjoyed our first season (which is not just finished yet) so much we are thinking about up grading for next year
    their are some good deals about at the mo you may consider buying abroad,

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭muint

sent you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

tmalmb wrote: »

thanks
    T

Depends on your budget really.... If it's just the 2 of ye , a lo-profile with a permanent rear bed is the only man . If it's for family use , the rear lounge or bunks may be better . i'm biased towards the Adria/Adriatiks , but what ever you buy , obviously make sure it has no leaks , a service history , and the gas appliances work properly . The Boiler and heater can be very expensive to get working right . With winter approaching I would suggest trying to get something with a bit of a guarantee .

Advertisement