Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

itunes, wmas,

• 12-12-2005 3:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

Hey.

Right well I got my mac a few months ago and I love it. I had backed up lots of music but only the mp3s went over.

I still have tons of great wmas on my back-up CDs.

Has anyone any ideas what best to do?

I was considering looking for a converter, something that will batch convert a big folder full of wmas to mp3s.. iz pozible?

I was also considering [shock horror] trying something different from itunes..something which plays wmas and mp3s...
    Windows media player for os x seems to suck quite a bit.. its basicaly just a player with no library am i right?

Id really rather not just have to use WMP for my wmas and itunes for my mp3s.. itunes pisses me off sometimes anyway..

So any ideas here would be greatly appreciated. pleease :)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

Something like EasyWMA? http://www.easyWMA.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

damn youre good.

thanks a million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

argh. the free version only does 10 seconds of conversion. might have to buy it. unless theres an alternative. ballix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭HomunQlus

There might be another way. Drag the WMA file into iTunes, it should come up with a message that the file cannot be played in it. But it offers you to convert the file.

When you do so, you should get a .m4a file I think, which can also be played on your iPod if you have one. The file size is very similar to MP3. It at least works that way on iTunes 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Be warned though that the quality will be crap as you're converting from one compressed format to another.

• Advertisement
Advertisement