Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tapas?

Options
  • 20-10-2014 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi... are there any good places in Galway for Tapas? Haven't eaten out in Galway in so long that I don't know where is good anymore

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Hi... are there any good places in Galway for Tapas? Haven't eaten out in Galway in so long that I don't know where is good anymore

Lunares in Woodquay. Few others around but the above is the real Spanish style.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,730 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I've heard good things about the Black Cat in Salthill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Creative Juices

Tapas in Galway can be expensive and you don't always get what you think you're getting i.e. the dishes are "oversold".
    Lunares and Black Cat and Cava all have nice food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭jkforde

Tapas in Galway can be expensive and you don't always get what you think you're getting i.e. the dishes are "oversold".
    Lunares and Black Cat and Cava all have nice food.

yeah, wish someone would visit San Sebastian in Basque country and bring back their tapa mojo to Galway... no fancy dishes, just bloody tasty bites with some beer.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MaggotBrain

jkforde wrote: »
    yeah, wish someone would visit San Sebastian in Basque country and bring back their tapa mojo to Galway... no fancy dishes, just bloody tasty bites with some beer.

Amen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭i_steal_sheep

Thanks for all replies. Will check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Lunares in woodquay have huge tapas - 2 each is more than enough and its gorgeous and also Massimos have same menu as Cava but much cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

We bought a deal for living social for lunares and after race reviews I felt let down. Paella wasn't great IMO... If you go for tapas please report back. I'd love to give it another shot :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Creative Juices

fifib wrote: »
    Lunares in woodquay have huge tapas - 2 each is more than enough and its gorgeous and also Massimos have same menu as Cava but much cheaper

But isn't that the problem? Tapas shouldn't be huge and I want to try more than 2 dishes each. Tapas should be small and cheap so you can try 4-5 dishes each. I don't want to stuff myself with a big bowl of potato bravas. In Galway the tapas are often €6-€10 quid each. The expensive ones can be really small or else something sounds great on the menu but you end up getting a big bowl of boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Thanks for all replies. Will check them out.

If you're going to Lunares get your hands on 'The Craic' listings magazine. There is usually a 10% off coupon in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Just Janice

Lunares all the way - yum

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I love Cava. Black Cat is very nice too.
    The crowd from Cava do the food in Massimos but have a lot smaller selection

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

2nd hand info - But apparently Deli la tasca is quite good.

Advertisement