Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2nd Multi Room Question

• 16-10-2014 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭

Just got sky installed with two multi rooms.

One of the rooms has a recordable box and the other just a basic sky box.

The installer said the second viewing card was for a basic box only.

Is it possible to have two recordable multi rooms, does it cost more?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭winston_1

Just got sky installed with two multi rooms.

One of the rooms has a recordable box and the other just a basic sky box.

The installer said the second viewing card was for a basic box only.

Is it possible to have two recordable multi rooms, does it cost more?

Yes, and no but you will have to pay for the 2nd multi room box a one off fee.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Yes it's possible, and no it doesn't cost more as such, we are on a system like that, just recently upgraded from 2 SD plus boxes to 2 HD plus boxes, 1 with 2Tb, the other with 500Gb.

In theory, multiroom, both cards have the same capability, and the only issue will be getting the new box paired, we had standard non plus boxes originally, and upgraded to the plus boxes by buying a couple of + boxes on E-bay, and then getting them paired by Sky, which was a quick phone call. Should still be the same. Once the SD plus were both up and running, I upgraded one of them to have 750 Gb disc, which worked well, the only hassle being that it took a good while to start up after a power failure, due to the increased size of the disc file management system, which took longer to scan.

The recent HD upgrade is still using the same cards, the installer just contacted Sky to pair them, and I think with the latest software release, the boxes can pair automatically if there is a working broadband connection available.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Yes it's possible, and no it doesn't cost more as such, we are on a system like that, just recently upgraded from 2 SD plus boxes to 2 HD plus boxes, 1 with 2Tb, the other with 500Gb.

In theory, multiroom, both cards have the same capability, and the only issue will be getting the new box paired, we had standard non plus boxes originally, and upgraded to the plus boxes by buying a couple of + boxes on E-bay, and then getting them paired by Sky, which was a quick phone call. Should still be the same. Once the SD plus were both up and running, I upgraded one of them to have 750 Gb disc, which worked well, the only hassle being that it took a good while to start up after a power failure, due to the increased size of the disc file management system, which took longer to scan.

The recent HD upgrade is still using the same cards, the installer just contacted Sky to pair them, and I think with the latest software release, the boxes can pair automatically if there is a working broadband connection available.

Thanks,

I have a spare sky plus HD box so will ring sky and get it paired up.

The installer said the card for just for a basic box not a recording one.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Thanks,

I have a spare sky plus HD box so will ring sky and get it paired up.

The installer said the card for just for a basic box not a recording one.

Cheers.

You will need a second cable to be brought from the dish to the room you want to swap for the hd box, otherwise you wont be able to record and then change channel etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

steveon wrote: »
    You will need a second cable to be brought from the dish to the room you want to swap for the hd box, otherwise you wont be able to record and then change channel etc.

Cheers, had the second cable, all installed and working now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭bored_stupid

And when your ring sky to pair the box write down the NDS number on the sticker underneath i had a problem last week rang sky to pair a 2nd plus box card was paired channel cleared but pause & rewind did,nt work rang sky back with NDS number job done in 2 minutes and sky had no problem doing this for me ,regards

Advertisement