Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jamaica Joe's opening date?

Options
  • 28-08-2014 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭

Has this opened yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Johnny901

Soon though, I put my CV in but another offer came up which I have to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

biko wrote: »

Quite a few fake reviews there before it opened, probably from friends and family. That would be enough to put me off the place, personally.

I'll reserve judgement until I've tried the food :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rankingelite

3 Fake reviews already before the place has even opened!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,527 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

3 Fake reviews already before the place has even opened!!

but one of the "fake reviews" was a bad review :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Is he related to java Joe's?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,671 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Is he related to java Joe's?

Java John is from Birmingham, so I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

hummm......there giving away a prize of a trip to 2 all expenses paid going to Jamaica on there fb page for the usual like and share carry on , i wouldn't mind a bit a that!

I feel a bit skeptical about it though, that's a whole lot of unnecessary expense for a start up restaurant that's not even turned a penny of profit yet!!

*Jamaican accent* something smells fishy here man!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Casshern88 wrote: »
    hummm......there giving away a prize of a trip to 2 all expenses paid going to Jamaica on there fb page for the usual like and share carry on , i wouldn't mind a bit a that!

I feel a bit skeptical about it though, that's a whole lot of unnecessary expense for a start up restaurant that's not even turned a penny of profit yet!!

*Jamaican accent* something smells fishy here man!!!

Dare i suggest one of their fake reviewers may 'win' it.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

Anyone that partakes in those "Like & Share" 'competitions' that plague Facebook deserve to be misled tbh. Wouldn't be surprised if the vast majority are scams, not as if there is any regulation going on. You're just giving these businesses free promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

I know two different people who have won festival tickets on fb competitions, I won comedy club tickets myself on a FB thing . Im sure some are fake but Its normally pretty easy to tell with a quick look at the FB page

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Considering the plethora of reviews before it opened and the costs of the prize before the doors even open, i have a suspicion that they may have taken some inspiration from Father Ted and one of their "reviewers" will win

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wedymc7ll1Y

• Registered Users Posts: 9,902 ✭✭✭thesandeman

There's something about restaurants on that street shooting themselves in the foot by shilling. Remember the infamous Cornish Pasty thread a few years ago?
    Wonder if Jamaica Joe's 'reviewers' will pay a visit to Boards :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Suspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Intifada wrote: »
    Anyone that partakes in those "Like & Share" 'competitions' that plague Facebook deserve to be misled tbh. Wouldn't be surprised if the vast majority are scams, not as if there is any regulation going on. You're just giving these businesses free promotion.

Well for one the page admin can't even see if you've shared it on your profile (unless you share as public, which most wouldn't).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Has anyone tried this place? Any good if so?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bearclaire

Jamaican Joes is open and I can say the food is very good, the owner is a friend of a friend and he is a really nice guy,
    the Jamaican Holiday will be chosen on the grand opening on 1st of November, and it's genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

There's something about restaurants on that street shooting themselves in the foot by shilling. Remember the infamous Cornish Pasty thread a few years ago?
    Wonder if Jamaica Joe's 'reviewers' will pay a visit to Boards :-)

Boom, 22 mins ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I got seriously into Jamiacan food when I was in the UK so was delighted to see a Jamaican restaurant open.
    I went there yesterday. Food was outstanding. €9 for a main and side. Portions were a bit small but the place was lovely. I'll be heading back although if they made the portions bigger, I'd probably be there the whole time.

If you've never tried Jamaican food before, I deffo recommend the jerk chicken. It's chicken that's dry rubbed in seasoning then barbecued. Insanely delicious.

My flatmate knows the owner so I asked him about the competition, apparently it's genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kevthecelt

I went there 2 weeks ago. Got the jerk chicken which was dry and burnt (I believe it was the last order before they ran out so I think I just got unlucky) and my OH had the chicken curry which was absolutely incredible. I will definitely be going back for another meal when they officially open in a few weeks time to give it another shot. The prices are very reasonable and it's something different. What's not to like

Went there a while back and had the jerk chicken and rice.
    It wasn't the best I ever (which was in London unsurpsingly) had but it was good.

The Jamaican kitchen has quite distinct tastes and might not be for everyone but worth a try imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Kevin Moran

Went here tonight, had curried chicken and some dumplings, lovely food and staff were really nice. Never had Caribbean food before, impressed!

Advertisement