Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leak in roof of camper

Options
  • 23-08-2009 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi again,
    My hubby noticed a leak in the roof of our camper where there was a roof rack fitted just at one end.:mad: What could he do with it to seal it.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Without having seen it, I would suggest taking out the old screw and putting in a new one. Under the screw you put a generous bit of sheet metal (like a giant washer) and you seat that in some sealant. (Don't use silikone, but rather a polyurethane based sealant like Sikaflex or what your friendly windscreen guy uses to seal windscreens). Generously apply sealant, set the washer and screw, tighten it and wipe of excess sealant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 noel51

peasant wrote: »
    Without having seen it, I would suggest taking out the old screw and putting in a new one. Under the screw you put a generous bit of sheet metal (like a giant washer) and you seat that in some sealant. (Don't use silikone, but rather a polyurethane based sealant like Sikaflex or what your friendly windscreen guy uses to seal windscreens). Generously apply sealant, set the washer and screw, tighten it and wipe of excess sealant.
    Thanks for that Peasant my hubby did what you said and it worked;) sorry for not getting back to you sooner but laptop was playing up.
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

glad to hear it worked

Advertisement