Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting video for PDA

Options
  • 14-12-2005 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend software that will convert video (such as imovie files or downloaded files from the web) to fit the 240x320 resolution of my PPC. I know the PPC does not connect directly with a mac but I would be putting them on a memory card with a card reader

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

PPC can connect directly with a mac (e.g. Pocket Mac or Missing Sync), but specifically for movies you could try creating an MPEG compatible with the likes of Pocket TV... or of you had a PC available taking your MAC output file and encoding a formatted Windows Media Video file with the Windows Media Encoder...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭HomunQlus

This is what you need:

ffmpegX
    http://homepage.mac.com/major4/

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

My QT (pro) has 'movie to windows media' (wmv) in the export options which I used to convert for playing on an XDA2. Can't remember whether it's part of the pro features or whether I got some kind of extra plugin though. Does it fine.
    Simon

Advertisement