Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iTunes or Alternative question

• 18-12-2005 10:56pm
    Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

About a month into my G5 and I love it but I have a few questions that I would appreciate some help on.

I can't find an option in iTunes to record in MP3, I assume it records by default in AAC but is there an option to do so in MP3? Also, I want to record some CD's as one file, is this possible? If not possible in iTunes can any recommend other software that will do all of the above.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭korramatta

Go to iTunes Memu Itunes>Preferences>advanced> and click on import tab, there you can choose what encoder you want to use.while importing CD's.
    Not quite understood what do you mean by CD's into a single file..? isn't creating a playlist in iTunes a answer??

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Thanks for that.

What I mean by copying as one file is that I have a lot of CD's that are DJ mixes and I want to copy them to MP3 as a single file to playback without gaps between tracks on my MP3 player.

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭HomunQlus

It is not possible to create one single MP3 file out of multiple tracks from a CD with iTunes. The program automatically creates only single files of single tracks.

What you can do, is the following but it requires time. Download Audacity and LameLib (for MP3 Export), and import the single tracks from the CD with iTunes. Copy the newly created mp3's into a folder, then open Audacity and create a new audio file, you open each file one by one then, and copy every single file into the new audio file, then you save the whole thing as one file.

That's the only way I can think of in the moment.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Thanks for that. Just thought though in the last few minutes, I have software that came with my MP3 player that will copy in various formats (except mp3) in a single file. Formats are OGG, FLAC, WMA etc. If I copy in one of these formats, can I then convert to Mp3 with other software?

Thanks again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

HomunQlus wrote:
    It is not possible to create one single MP3 file out of multiple tracks from a CD with iTunes. The program automatically creates only single files of single tracks.

What you can do, is the following but it requires time. Download Audacity and LameLib (for MP3 Export), and import the single tracks from the CD with iTunes. Copy the newly created mp3's into a folder, then open Audacity and create a new audio file, you open each file one by one then, and copy every single file into the new audio file, then you save the whole thing as one file.

That's the only way I can think of in the moment.

Homun, you blinking genius as ever!!!! lol

Just speaking as a DJ, I would have suggested to make the mix that you require externally with a DJ mixer. That or maybe use something like DJ 1800 or Megaseg or Traktor to mix Mpegs on your Mac, send it out as an audio stream and then back into your Mac, using your internal audio feed to create a new file. One thing I will say to you, Felix, is that virtually all of the DJ mix CD's sold are broken down into seperate tracks, so perhaps playlist the album in order on your MP3 Player?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭korramatta

Talking about Audacity, I found Audavity behaving more freindly on PC than Mac.

Advertisement