Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MySQL - phpMyAdmin Error

Options
  • 23-02-2010 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I had this problem with my phpMyAdmin , when i tried to go on it (maybe a week ago or something) i got this error:

"Cannot start session without errors, please check errors given in your PHP and/or webserver log file and configure your PHP installation properly."

Then i come back the next day and it works fine (hasn't happened again yet)
    I just want to know how to fix the problem in case it happens again and it doesn't fix itself

P.S when this happened it happened all of a sudden (i was using it and then i exited it and went back in , then error came up)
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

phpMyAdmin encountered a problem starting a session for you. It could be a number of things.

Did you check the php and apache log files?

Is this a windows server?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Fergaloc

ocallagh wrote: »
    phpMyAdmin encountered a problem starting a session for you. It could be a number of things.

Did you check the php and apache log files?

Is this a windows server?
    What do you mean by windows server?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

You can run PHP/Apache on different operating systems, mainly linux but also windows. If it's a hosting account it's more than likely linux.. if it's your laptop it's windows!

Your best bet is to look in the apache and php log files for any entries at the same time you encountered the problem and then post that information here.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Fergaloc

ocallagh wrote: »
    You can run PHP/Apache on different operating systems, mainly linux but also windows. If it's a hosting account it's more than likely linux.. if it's your laptop it's windows!

Your best bet is to look in the apache and php log files for any entries at the same time you encountered the problem and then post that information here.
    ok

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shertheman

Having the exact error: ::1 - - [08/Mar/2014:20:09:12 +0000] "GET /phpmyadmin/favicon.ico HTTP/1.1" 200 18902
    ::1 - - [08/Mar/2014:20:20:51 +0000] "GET /phpmyadmin/ HTTP/1.1" 200 1205
    ::1 - - [08/Mar/2014:20:20:52 +0000] "GET /phpmyadmin/favicon.ico HTTP/1.1" 200 18902

I have tried clearing browser cache and all that but nothing helps - can someone help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Those aren't errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭magooly

Was discussed on StackOverflow a while ago

Next time this happens try a different browser to confirm its your browsers cache mismatch. (if you are using internet explorer try firefox/chrome)

Clear your browsers cookies and cache to resolve.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5013118/cannot-start-session-without-errors-in-phpmyadmin

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shertheman

Thanks for your response everyone!
    I have actually gone ahead and installed Joomla on Godaddy - don't mind starting from new
    I have my site almost done which brings me to the burning question....of getting the site go live

HOW DO I PUBLISH IT AND MAKE IT LIVE!!!

The chap I was talking to from Godaddy said there is a feature in Joomla that allows you to do that but he wasn't too sure :(
    It's my very first site and can someone please fire me some instructions on what to do!!!

Happy Paddys everyone!!!

Advertisement