Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bag Of Presents Left In Taxi From Harcourt Street

• 28-11-2013 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm really clutching at straws here but hoping someone can help . It was my sisters 40th party last Saturday 23/11/13 in the Odeon bar on Harcourt Street. My sister and some friends got into a couple of cabs at the rank directly outside the bar at approx 4.30am early Sunday morning. Her friend took her bag of presents with him and put them into boot of the cab he was in. On arrival at Blanchardstown they forgot to take the bag from the boot and they have not been able to retrieve it since. They have contacted the guards to see if they have been handed in and also to check CCTV footage of the area.

It was a long night and everyone was hammered so there are not too many exact details to work with. The only information we have is that the car was Silver in colour, the driver was an eastern European man who was of a muscular build and he was listening to foreign music. The taxi was picked up at the rank or q of taxi's directly outside the Odeon bar on Harcourt street and it was approximately 4.30am early Sunday morning. The bag contained presents and cards, my sister's bank card and an ipad. The ipad has huge sentimental value as there are pictures on here of my sister's late husband and some other sentimental items that cannot be retrieved otherwise.

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I'm not an iPad user but are there ways of tracking usage remotely? Logins to your Apple ID etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭rockihudson

i vaguely remember story on ray darcy today fm last week similar to this . the taxi driver phoned in to say gifts left in his boot. maybe check with radio show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,490 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

i vaguely remember story on ray darcy today fm last week similar to this . the taxi driver phoned in to say gifts left in his boot. maybe check with radio show

+1 Sounds very familiar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Think that was different, the passengers were not Irish but the driver was, and they were dropped into the city rather than from the city. They went to Dawson street iirc. Think it was also Monday the 18th when the driver rang the show if someone wants to listen back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Mr.Frame

The OP mentioned that the taxi journey was last Sat 23Nov.The radio prog was the week before this, It is a completely different scenario

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Mr.Frame

I'm really clutching at straws here but hoping someone can help . It was my sisters 40th party last Saturday 23/11/13 in the Odeon bar on Harcourt Street. My sister and some friends got into a couple of cabs at the rank directly outside the bar at approx 4.30am early Sunday morning. Her friend took her bag of presents with him and put them into boot of the cab he was in. On arrival at Blanchardstown they forgot to take the bag from the boot and they have not been able to retrieve it since. They have contacted the guards to see if they have been handed in and also to check CCTV footage of the area.

It was a long night and everyone was hammered so there are not too many exact details to work with. The only information we have is that the car was Silver in colour, the driver was an eastern European man who was of a muscular build and he was listening to foreign music. The taxi was picked up at the rank or q of taxi's directly outside the Odeon bar on Harcourt street and it was approximately 4.30am early Sunday morning. The bag contained presents and cards, my sister's bank card and an ipad. The ipad has huge sentimental value as there are pictures on here of my sister's late husband and some other sentimental items that cannot be retrieved otherwise.

Any help is appreciated.

Thats unfortunate.You could check with Store st garda station and see if anything was left in,other than that i fear your stuff is gone for good .
    Two things just for future reference ,one always get a taxi from a LEGAL rank,there is no legal rank outside the Odeon.
    Two ALWAYS ask for a printed receipt at the end of your journey.This will show the drivers plate number and reg number. time of journey ,and amt of fare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Mr.Frame wrote: »
    Two things just for future reference ,one always get a taxi from a LEGAL rank,there is no legal rank outside the Odeon.

People don't care where they get a taxi from when they have drink on them, and most don't care when they don't have drink on them either.

Sorry to hear about your troubles OP.
    Hopefully it's found.

If you were the taximan though, the only way to nearly contact the owner is to drop the stuff into a garda station

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shotgunste13

Thanks for the comments/advice, We cant track the ipad as it needs to be online. The Guards haven't received anything but they are looking into the CCTV to try and get a reg or number.

No hope of getting them back at this stage but it's definitely a harsh lesson learned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Thanks for the comments/advice, We cant track the ipad as it needs to be online. The Guards haven't received anything but they are looking into the CCTV to try and get a reg or number.
    That's positive in itself? Does that mean it hasn't been used?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

ballooba wrote: »
    That's positive in itself? Does that mean it hasn't been used?

It could be, I only tend to open the boot once in a blue moon as not many night time passengers have luggage with them that necessitates the use of the boot, found a phone in there once that the customer had dropped and it worked it's way down the back seat into the boot, charged it up and rang the "home" number, they'd lost it 2 weeks before :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement