Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking at Luas stations

Options
  • 27-11-2013 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I need to be in Dublin by 12.15 on Friday and was wondering the best way to go. I would prefer to go on the luas, rather than the DART, but was wondering if all the car parks will be full at that time? Anyone know?

Oops, should probably have put this in the Commuting forum, sorry!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

Where are you travelling from and how long will you be in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

I'm travelling from Greystones to near Stephen's Green. If going in on the weekend I normally park in Sandyford, but assuming that will be jammers on a Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Cranipea

Carrickmines Luas stop wouldnt be full. And its doing half price parking this month. 2 quid for the day

Great, will try that, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,286 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You could get the 84x (express) bus the whole way. Greystones 10:50 SSG 11:48. http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/84x/

Using Luas isn't likely to be particularly fast, certainly slower than DART.

Put your exact locations (Greystones and SSG) and relevant dates and times into www.a-b.ie and tweak the settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,290 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I don't think the Carrickmines Park and Ride gets near full (it's in the wrong place!) - well any time I've used it at peak times (around 8am) there are loads of spaces.

Depending on when you're coming home, you could get caught on the M50/M11 merge though - Friday is normally the worst day with it regularly back before Cherrywood and often back to Carrickmines. If you're coming home at peak times and hitting Carrickmines around 5 - 5.30, I'd consider the Dart to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Driving from Greystones to Carrickmines and then Luas to SSG is a longer journey (timewise) than taking the Dart (1hr+ vs 50mins plus walking time from dart). 84x mentioned takes about 50 mins at that time from Grestones to SSG and it's pretty direct.

There usually are a couple of spaces in the Sandyford P&R during the day, I've certainly parked there at lunchtime with no difficulties in the past. The two P&Rs by the Stillorgan stop always have spaces, particularly the one opposite Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Cranipea

The 84 X is the cheapest option and there seems to be one when you need it. Coming home will take longer on the X and it does often go straight the stops from Leeson Street out as its so busy. Provided your getting on at the green you will be grand.

Hi, yes normally would 84x during the week but the time doesn't suit coming back. I may try the Stillorgan luas stop.

Last time I got the luas it took me an hour to get from Temple Bar to my house in Charlesland and that was quicker than I would have been if I had got the DART - particularly if you just miss the Greystones train which can happen.

Lots of options!

Advertisement