Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on travel route

Options
  • 27-11-2013 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Hope this is the best spot to post.
    What is the best way to get from Dublin to Reading?

Definitely fly (with Ryanair or AL??) and then into maybe London or Bristol?

What ye reckon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I would fly in to London heathrow, easy access on to M4 to Reading by coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,558 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I would second that - there is a direct coach from Heathrow central bus station to Reading.

Both British Airways and Aer Lingus fly to Heathrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Aer Lingus into Heathrow. Walk through arrivals/customs, head down the stairs to the National Express Bus terminus. Get coach to Reading.
    http://www.nationalexpress.com/wherewego/airports/heathrow-airport.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Carpet diem

Aer Lingus into Heathrow. Walk through arrivals/customs, head down the stairs to the National Express Bus terminus. Get coach to Reading.
    http://www.nationalexpress.com/wherewego/airports/heathrow-airportu.aspx

What kind of time are we talking to get there with traffic ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

it's the Railair coach you want. direct non-stop to Reading railway station, 45 mins or so. you can book coach ticket online...despite what it shows, you can travel on any time coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

You can get directly from Gatwick to Reading on the train.

You can get directly from Gatwick to Reading on the train.

Train be handy alrite but i think they don't do late flights after 8pm from Gatwick to Dublin ? Not sure do Heathrow do either for that matter ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Train be handy alrite but i think they don't do late flights after 8pm from Gatwick to Dublin ? Not sure do Heathrow do either for that matter ?

Looks like there's a Ryanair flight at 21:55.

A train sounds like a handy job and avoiding Heathrow be great as its so fecking big.

What ye think ?

If I travelled night before and stayed in hotel or something at either airport and travel up early to reading next morning which would ye pick and why?

• Advertisement

A train sounds like a handy job and avoiding Heathrow be great as its so fecking big.

What ye think ?

It is SO easy to go from Heathrow to Reading - why endure a long train journey from Gatwick (with potential changes at Guildford en route) when you have a short direct express non-stop bus trip?

The central bus station is beside the Underground Station.

Follow the signs for the Underground and when you get to the entrance to the Underground station (which will be on the right), turn left up an escalator and you are in the bus station.

Time taken from aircraft gate (without collecting luggage) - 10/12 minutes.

The bus timetables are here:
    http://www.railair.com/timetables_monfri.php

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Try the journey planner at www.nationalrail.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

forget Gatwick, it's miles out of your way and a slow stopping train to endure and pay for

corktina wrote: »
    forget Gatwick, it's miles out of your way and a slow stopping train to endure and pay for

I would entirely agree with this.

There are late flights into/out of Heathrow as you seem to be interested in that time:

Ex-Dublin:
    British Airways - 20:40
    Aer Lingus - 20:50

Ex-Heathrow:
    Aer Lingus - 20:45
    British Airways - 21:15

Advertisement