Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin bus driver on 66b

• 16-09-2013 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

:mad: I got on the bus a couple weeks ago with a student rambler and stupidly left my travel card at home. The bus driver (66b<SNIP>) took it off me. I paid 91.30 for it an was fuming as i was only getting 90E per week!! i explained that I had a travel card and i'd go home an get it and use it on the next bus but he wouldn't give it back and told me I could collect it in o'connell st. if i brought my travel card. Annoying, but what's worse is he never dropped it into o'connell street and kept the bus ticket. I never got his name but he basically robbed me!!! HATE BUSDRIVERS NOW!! is there anything I can do about this, i doubt i'm the only person he's done this too!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Report it to dublin bus as if he never handed the confiscated ticket in then he could be using it or may even have sold it. There is no evidence of this but why else would he not hand in cconfiscated tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mgs07

Yeah first thing I thought of was that he sold it to someone...snake!! can't remember what date it was though and didn't get his name:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

If he's a regular driver he shouldn't be too hard to find by your description. Did you ring anyone in Dublin Bus. Can you try and catch him on the bus again, only stand your ground until you get an answer. Don't know what else to say really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Report it to Dublin Bus asap to see what they can do.

Moving to Commuting & Transport.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

Do you what bus it was like was it the 12.45 for example

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

The date and time report it to Dublin bus if it happened, why are you only chasing it up now if it happened a few weeks ago ?

If you have the time and the day you won't need any name as they will know exactly who was driving that day at that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

I had my 30 day student ticket taken off me before by a bus inspector because I left my travelcard at home. He gave me a docket with the bus route and time etc on it so I brought it into DB the next day with my travelcard and got my ticket back. Did the driver not give you any kind of proof that your ticket had been confiscated? If he didn't, just argue the point with DB and don't let him get away with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭xper

Under what circumstances would a driver be asking to see a student's travel ID anyway? Surely you just validate your student rambler ticket on the machine when boarding and a missing ID card would only be discovered by a ticket inspector sometime after you had sat down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

xper wrote: »
    Under what circumstances would a driver be asking to see a student's travel ID anyway? Surely you just validate your student rambler ticket on the machine when boarding and a missing ID card would only be discovered by a ticket inspector sometime after you had sat down.

Read the bye laws it states that any official including the driver can request to see a ticket or I.D. it's just not enforced by many. There are so many abusing the badly enforced ticket system as it is so maybe it's time for change and get driver's to actually keep an eye on this and the adults using the child ticket's which is happening.

My dad never bothered but he is gone out a few years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mgs07

he never gave it in at all!!! had to get a new one, dublin bus reluctantly gave me a new one after i went into them a few times and complained about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement