Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Post Offices take Laser?

Options
  • 19-06-2009 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Do Post Offices take Laser Card?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

from what i remember, last time i was there i couldnt pay by laser, but because i was aib, they just took it straight off my account

• Registered Users Posts: 33,017 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

If you point it right between their eyes, then yes.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

splinter wrote: »
    from what i remember, last time i was there i couldnt pay by laser, but because i was aib, they just took it straight off my account

Eh?

Can they do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

Des wrote: »
    Eh?

Can they do that?

AIB and An Post have an arrangement where An Post POS terminals are attached to the AIB ATM network so they can make lodgements & withdrawals to your account. As far as I know, they only accept AIB Laser cards because they're also AIB ATM cards. Could be wrong though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

they are part of an AIB group from what i remember, but that was the case in my local PO here in swords

• Advertisement

Good information there, thanks fellas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

You cannot pay for postage or stamps on Laser or Credit Cards. No idea why.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

markpb wrote: »
    AIB and An Post have an arrangement where An Post POS terminals are attached to the AIB ATM network so they can make lodgements & withdrawals to your account. As far as I know, they only accept AIB Laser cards because they're also AIB ATM cards. Could be wrong though.

You can use any laser cards in post offices, but I think only for paying bills, not for buying stamps, call credit, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

You can use any laser cards in post offices, but I think only for paying bills, not for buying stamps, call credit, etc.

Thats stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Hey, I don't make the rules!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

You can use Bank of Ireland Laser cards in any post office but only to pay bills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Eww. The post office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

yup! i had no cash on me one day and i had to run out and go to an ATM. its so ridiculous. unless your with AIB. . . an i am not!

Abigayle wrote: »
    Eww. The post office.

It's the GPO I'll be going to, so it's not some scumhole with unemployed people collecting my tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Hey, I don't make the rules!

But if you did you'd make the best rules ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Do Post Offices take Laser Card?

They won't allow you to pay for postage with one but they will allow you to pay for services like passport express with it (availed of both services recently and had to get cash to pay for postage).

Slightly retarded tbh.

They won't allow you to pay for postage with one but they will allow you to pay for services like passport express with it (availed of both services recently and had to get cash to pay for postage).

Perfect, it's Passport Express I'm actually going in for.

Thanks

So, I headed on down to the Post Office and did my thing.

I asked the man if they took Laser, he said yes, and there was one of them little card reader machines with the number pad there.

So, I asked him if the took Laser Cards from any bank.

He said they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

So, I headed on down to the Post Office and did my thing.

I asked the man if they took Laser, he said yes, and there was one of them little card reader machines with the number pad there.

So, I asked him if the took Laser Cards from any bank.

He said they do.

I can sleep better now, phew.

Btw why don't they sell parcels in post offices, I asked for one in my local and they informed me I had to buy it from Easons or the GPO. :mad:

The GPO is a Post Office

• Advertisement

The GPO is a Post Office

But...it's..so...far..away :(

A 20 minute bus journey form Lucan.

You should have just used an old shoe box then