Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

What a meek sneak from Flacco. Ravens seemed all over the Steelers there. Fair to say nothing has gone right for the Ravens all year.

What a stand by the Steelers defense. Great game it has to be said.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

overtime overtime and how many times have i got fuked over so far this season, they say it all evens out which it does but im well owed it in the last 3 seasons.

overtime overtime and how many times have i got fuked over so far this season, they say it all evens out which it does but im well owed it in the last 3 seasons.

Spare a thought for me with Steelers +3. If they don't cover I don't know what to do. They went 1.02 in running to win the game. Bloody Scobee he's been awful to start the year just cut the guy.

What a play by Bell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb from Pittsburgh. Don't agree with going for it, but the play call in particular was atrocious.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb from Pittsburgh. Don't agree with going for it, but the play call in particular was atrocious.

I think it's a no brainer to go for it in regulation, unsure if overtime rules would change the percentages.

Cracking defensive play by the Pittsburgh DB.

Balls of steel from Brown. Drops the ball on the return and not for a moment thinks about just falling on it and gets an extra 25 yards for his team.

FG would win the game and they go for the first down. Says it all about Scobee.

Scobee is fired in the morning. No way you can keep him after not using him there.

• Advertisement

That's the importance of a kicker. Wouldn't like to be Scobee right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,829 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Billy86 wrote: »
    Scobee is fired in the morning. No way you can keep him after not using him there.

Yeah it was absurd to show that little confidence in him. If you don't use him there, you no longer have any faith in him anyway, so I presume he's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,036 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

****ing Scobee, I expect to hear of him being cut later today.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Both teams were guilty of being conservative on 2nd or 3rd and short and that what was getting themselves into trouble. If you re-watched the game I'd say 90% the team (Ravens twice, Steelers twice) failed on 4th down, I'd say they were looking at no more than 2nd and 3 or 4 from the first down. Yes if you have a 2nd a 2 or 3rd and 1, call a play to get that yardage but if you show no willingness to get anything more than that, the defence can creep up and it becomes like defending in the redzone where you don't have to worry about the space behind you anymore, and just play what's in front of you.

The defences knew what to expect and that led to conservative calls like the sneak from Flacco or the run by Vick. While Vick looked good, the majority of his points came off turnovers and short fields. The Steelers need a bit of holy water for Big Ben to get him back as soon as possible as Bell and Brown can't carry this team on their own. The Ravens looked so poor on offence when Smith and Campanero went out. Fair play to Flacco finding a few open guys and getting them to OT and then in position for the game winner. A nice bit of karma for the Ravens as they've been badly hurt in the past with expensive field goal misses (none more so than against the Pats in the AFC championship game). They have two relatively easy games up next so should get back to 3-3 and back in the hunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Vick was competent, which is more than I expected.

To me, it looked like two bad teams in an undignified battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Steelers need to sort out a new kicker asap. He cost them points against us a few weeks back and he cost them the game last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Just about caught up with last nights game now. It doesn't quite feel the same when the team is 1-3, but a win over the Steelers is always nice.

Justin Tucker is unbelievable. It looks easy on TV, but this is the exact point where he kicked the winning FG from. So many things have to go right too.

https://twitter.com/jtuck9/status/649808224753950720?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Hopefully Steve Smith won't be out for too long.

On another note it's a shame for Josh Scobee to go out like this. It's easy to forget he was money for the Jaguars for many years.

On that graphic I mentioned last night, not sure if it was including up until kick off or the point in the 4th quarter where they showed it, but since 2001 games between these two teams had been separated by:

2 extra wins for the Steelers, 15 vs 17 (now just one, 16 vs 17)
    9 wins by 3pts or less for the Ravens vs 10 for the Steelers (now tied at 10)
    A total of about 100 rushing yards difference between the two teams
    A points differential ONE SINGLE POINT, in favour the of Steelers (so now 2 in favour of the Ravens).

That is absolutely, utterly insane over such a long period of time, and given that both are perennial playoff teams, yes I do think it allows them to make a fair point that this is the best competitive rivalry in all of sports. And not just in the head bangingly stupid "all of sports (in North America only)" sense that US sports journalists talk about - I properly mean in all sports in the world over the last 15-odd years. That consistency of closeness is utterly insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Watkins and McCoy are out for the Bills on Sunday..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Broncos Ty Sambrailo LT is out for the game against the Vikes.

The Broncos will move Harris from RT to LT and bring in Schofield at RT. The Vikes will have a field day around the edge of the Broncos OL who will be forced to keep TEs in to block. Expect the Broncos to go three and out - repeatedly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Damn Broncos. Give us hope, then your defence rips us to shreds.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,038 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I'm reading on the Sky Sports News ticker that UK Chancellor for the exchequer George Osborne is banging on about being in talks with the NFL about acLondon franchise on the next 4 or 5 years.

I suppose we have to put up with this BS every time the first London game comes around, it will have dided down by the time the final game is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm reading on the Sky Sports News ticker that UK Chancellor for the exchequer George Osborne is banging on about being in talks with the NFL about acLondon franchise on the next 4 or 5 years.

I suppose we have to put up with this BS every time the first London game comes around, it will have dided down by the time the final game is on.

Ugh. I really wish the NFL would explore the market elsewhere in Europe. There's scope surely in the likes of Germany and even here given the college games put on here.

Also, finally got around to watching the game from Thursday night. Game itself was entertaining but aside from performances on the field, I completely forgot about this bloody pink month.

Don't forget lads, the Wembley game kicks off in just over an hour on BBC Two.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,829 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Paully D wrote: »
    Don't forget lads, the Wembley game kicks off in just over an hour on BBC Two.

I only just woke up, had forgotten about this. Nice one. Herself is gong to be plagued with football today, plagued!

Andrew Luck is out today, per Mort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Over in London at the rugby so no write ups. Gone for:
    Chargers -7
    Vikings +6
    Giants +6
    Dolphins money line.

Best of luck lads

Paully D wrote: »
    Andrew Luck is out today, per Mort.

Balls!!

Jets off to a nice start. Good looking drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Nice start!, missed Ivory so much last week

Advertisement