Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season long bets/accumulators (2014/15)

• 18-07-2014 8:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭

In order to keep track of your bets, it is probably a better idea to just post them here.

Keep chat to a minimum please.

If someone posts a bet in a way of: i picked this, dont argue the posters picks.
    If on the other hand opinions are asked, go ahead.

In order to keep this the 1st post, if you already have one of those bets in DBB thread, feel free to post them here again.

Good luck.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

Im tempted by Southampton to be relegated at 13/2. Im consudering Ipswich and Southend for promotion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

kerosene wrote: »
    Im tempted by Southampton to be relegated at 13/2. Im consudering Ipswich and Southend for promotion.

I was thinking Southampton myself. But I think the odds are terrible for them myself. Especially for over the course of a year. Would of expected higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Austrian Bundesliga
    Outright Betting
    Red Bull Salzburg @ 1/8

Danish SAS Ligaen
    Outright Betting
    FC Copenhagen @ 4/5

Scottish Premiership
    Outright Betting
    Celtic @ 1/50

French Championnat
    Outright Betting
    PSG @ 1/6

Dutch Eredivisie Dutch Eredivisie Outright 2014-2015
    Outright Betting
    Ajax @ 6/5

German Bundesliga
    Outright Betting
    Bayern Munich @ 1/7

English League 1
    Outright Betting
    Sheff Utd @ 5/1

English Championship
    Promotion
    Cardiff @ 9/4

Premier League Premier
    Top 4 Finish
    Arsenal @ 8/15

Have threw a 10er on that at a return of €1,811.58, I meant to put Sheffield on for promotion not outright but ah well :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

kerosene wrote: »

Koeman will have 50-80m to play with. Swansea, Aston Villa, Burnley, West Brom, Leicester City and QPR are all rather more likely candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

Kilkenny @ 11/10
    Outright
    All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2014

Conor McGregor @ 2/7
    Match Betting
    Conor McGregor v Diego Brandao

Juventus @ 11/10
    Outright Betting
    Serie A 2014-2015

Bayern Munich @ 1/7
    Outright Betting
    Bundesliga 2014-2015

Real Madrid @ 10/11
    Outright Betting
    La Liga 2014-2015

Sheff Utd @ 6/4
    Promotion
    League 1 Promotion 2014-2015

Blackpool @ 5/6
    Relegation
    Championship Relegation 2014-2015

Arsenal @ 15/8
    Betting Without Chelsea & Man City
    Betting W/O Chelsea & Man City

10er on, 1630 back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Arsenal To Finish Top 4

Cardiff To Be Promoted

Sheffield United To Be Promoted

Real Madrid To Win La liga

Bayern To Win The Bundesliga

FC Copenhagen To Win The Danish League

Red Bull Salzburg To Win Austrian League

Zenit To Win The Russian League

PSG To Win Ligue 1

Ajax To Win The Eredivise

Juventus To Win Serie A

Celtic To Win Scottish Premiership

€10 Returns €18140.10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Arsenal PL - 7-1
    Arsenal top at Xmas - 11-2
    Fulham to be promoted - 10-3
    Villa to be relegated - 7-2

Main bet is Bayern to win CL e/w 9-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Man United @ 5/1
    Fulham To Be Promoted @ 3/1
    Roma @ 7/2
    Real Madrid @ 10/11
    Celtic @ 1/50

10 wins €2,100

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

QPR to be relegated 15/8
    Blackburn to be promoted 13/2
    Luton to be promoted 15/8.

67/1 treble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

Anybody like Newcastle Top 10 finish @ 11/8? Getting on this if they sign another player or two.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Anyone thinking Roma to win the league at 7/2 is a good bet? They seem to be doing a lot of good business so far this summer. Also think if maybe if there was a separate thread for European leagues and English might be a good idea !

Anyone thinking Roma to win the league at 7/2 is a good bet? They seem to be doing a lot of good business so far this summer. Also think if maybe if there was a separate thread for European leagues and English might be a good idea !

Juve have easily the best squad. Roma made a historical try last season to catch them but they were still around 15 pts behind them at the end. I couldnt have them to beat Juve despite Conte walking. Juve signed Morata as well so even more firepower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Also think if maybe if there was a separate thread for European leagues and English might be a good idea !

No need for that.

Most people doing these kind of bets do include a few European leagues anyway.

And this thread will die a slow death once the leagues have started and it is clear that 1 team who was taken by everybody will have their worst season in history :D

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Man Utd Top 4/7
    Longford Irish 1st Divison
    Real Madrid 10/11
    Bristol City top 6 1/1

€100 returns €800

inforfun wrote: »
    No need for that.

Most people doing these kind of bets do include a few European leagues anyway.

And this thread will die a slow death once the leagues have started and it is clear that 1 team who was taken by everybody will have their worst season in history :D

Ok but just thought a thread where people can discuss their bets might be a good idea instead of saying 'Porto to win Portuguese league' or 'Wigan to be promoted ' would be good. I fancy doing a decent bet on a few various leagues this season and thought some reasoning/discussion might be good. Any thoughts on the Dutch league this year inforfun? I think you may be from Netherlands or have some connections there if I remember right!?

Warper wrote: »
    Juve have easily the best squad. Roma made a historical try last season to catch them but they were still around 15 pts behind them at the end. I couldnt have them to beat Juve despite Conte walking. Juve signed Morata as well so even more firepower
    Cheers for that, how about 7/4 without Juventus? I guess Napoli would be the main danger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Any thoughts on the Dutch league this year inforfun? I think you may be from Netherlands or have some connections there if I remember right!?

I am Dutch indeed.

Only thing i can say now is ... dont take anything there before september 1st.
    Clubs get robbed just a little often of their best players at the last moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I'm banking on Ajax to do the biz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Arsenal for top 4 seems to be a very trendy pick on these bets, they'd want to hurry up and sign a defender or two for that to be as safe as people seem to think it is.

Thought this thread would have more traffic, thinking of doing Chelsea best defense - 5/4 Derby top 6 - 1/1 Real Madrid win la liga - 5/6 Roma serie a without juventus - 7/4 Any thoughts ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Stoke to be the top midlands club at 6/4 (Betfred & Totesport).

Other teams that they're up against in the market are Villa, West Brom and Leicester. Nothing really left to say only that I think Stoke will finish higher than those sides.

I think qpr are 11/8 to be top promoted team. I think Derby 1/1 top 6 place is very good also. Liverpool top 4 tempting me too. Im going to keep an eye on southend for promotion, phil Brown seemed to do a good job there last year, id expect them to improve again this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

• Juventus - Italian Serie A, Win Outright - 6/5
    • Southampton - Premier League, Relegation - 11/2
    • Real Madrid - Spain Primera Liga, Win Outright - 5/6
    • Ajax - Holland Eredivisie, Win Outright - 11/10
    • Sheff Utd - England League 1, To Be Promoted - 13/8

€10 returns €1,445.19.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

dorgasm wrote: »
    • Juventus - Italian Serie A, Win Outright - 6/5
    • Southampton - Premier League, Relegation - 11/2
    • Real Madrid - Spain Primera Liga, Win Outright - 5/6
    • Ajax - Holland Eredivisie, Win Outright - 11/10
    • Sheff Utd - England League 1, To Be Promoted - 13/8

€10 returns €1,445.19.

I would agree with you in 4 out of 5 .Just cant see Southampton going down.I know they are losing players but they have money and I think there will be a fair few teams in a worse position.

yabadabado wrote: »
    I would agree with you in 4 out of 5 .Just cant see Southampton going down.I know they are losing players but they have money and I think there will be a fair few teams in a worse position.

I'm hoping that Callum Chambers and Schneiderlin end up leaving before the season starts. Think that would be a step too far for them. Would have liked slightly longer odds though all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Another one im thinking of.

Arsenal Top 4
    Derby Top 6
    Plymouth top 7
    Preston top 6
    Celtic win SPL
    Real Madrid Win La Liga
    Bayern Win Bundesliga
    PSG Win Ligue 1
    Ajax Win Eversivise

€10 returns €878.10

A lot of people backing Madrid. I wouldn't be so sure myself. Altho I'm a bit biased but with Suarez joining Barca could be a major advantage

yabadabado wrote: »

Koeman has signed 2 highly regarded players from the Dutch league as well

Impossible to call La Liga with Barca and Real having 2 super-teams

Im suprised there hasnt been more tips on this thread, I thought there would have been a few little nuggets to add to an accum for myself. To date Iv settled on Derby top 6 in championship, I thought they had a decent season last year and I think Steve McLaren is experienced enough to improve them this year. 4/5 pp.
    Southend top 7 finish 8/5 pp. Phil Brown is in charge they got to the play off final last year and should be good enough to finish top seven again.
    Liverpool top 4 finish 10/11. I still think they are better than Arsenal and united. Obvious problems are champions league and loss of suarez. Seemed to have improved defence with signing Lovern and I expect more from sakho this year.
    I hope to add maybe two more but im struggling for a bit of value.

• Advertisement

Anyone got any fancies for league 1 top 6 finish?? This thread has disappointed so far hopefully picks up soon only a couple weeks till it all kicks off?

Anyone got any fancies for league 1 top 6 finish?? This thread has disappointed so far hopefully picks up soon only a couple weeks till it all kicks off?

Everton to finish top 6. I'm a bit biased tho:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭lamoss

As we all know anything can happen over a seasons football so I have done these 3 bets to run over the new season . Nothing too serious .......a bit of fun to keep me entertained :)

Relegation accum.

Premiership -Southampton @9/2
    Championship-Leeds @ 7/2
    L1-Oldham @5/2
    L2- Morecambe @5/1

€ 10 acca , all teams to be relagated..........Pays about 5100

.....................................................................................................

Promotion treble
    Championship- Derby @3/1
    L1 -Bristol city- @10/3
    L2- Portsmouth- @ 2/1

€ 20 Treble , all teams to be promoted...........pays about 1030

....................................................................................................

All teams to be promoted

Championship - Fulham @3/1
    L1 - Doncaster @10/3
    L2 - Cambridge @ 6/1
    Conference premier - Grimsby @ 6/1

€ 10 accum ..........................pays about 7200.

If any of the above come in I will have a bloody good holiday .:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Half Rhodesian

Bit of a long shot still even with 18/1 McIlroy British open win in the bag, but....

Rory Mc British open 18/1 (drove up the odds bigtime)

Man u top 4 4/7

Derby top 6 1/1

Preston NE top 6 11/10

Bury fc promotion 7/4

Aberdeen w/o Celtic 15/8

Rangers scots championship o/r 4/11

Lewis hamilton F1 driver championship o/r 4/7

Barca la liga o/r 11/10

PSG ligue 1 o/r 1/8

E15 stake to payout 75K

Kinda regret Hamilton in there now.. Merc gp seem to be helping Nico to the title as best they can

Peterborough utd will id say.. britt asambalonga will get 20+ goals this year easy. they've lost one or two players but top 6 should still be ok.

Preston NE.. solid enough side, bit of depth to the squad. Maybe not enough for the league o/r or even auto's but defo a top 6 side.

Sheff utd probably

Leyton orient would be another.. think most of last years squad is still around and they've strengthened again

Fleetwood town/Doncaster then if your looking for an outsider

Big talk about Bristol City this season but i'd be reluctant on them tbh.. bit of a yoyo club mostly

Peterborough utd will id say.. britt asambalonga will get 20+ goals this year easy. they've lost one or two players but top 6 should still be ok.

Preston NE.. solid enough side, bit of depth to the squad. Maybe not enough for the league o/r or even auto's but defo a top 6 side.

Sheff utd probably

Leyton orient would be another.. think most of last years squad is still around and they've strengthened again

Fleetwood town/Doncaster then if your looking for an outsider

Big talk about Bristol City this season but i'd be reluctant on them tbh.. bit of a yoyo club mostly

Cheers,was actually gonna back Bristol, will have a rethink. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Cheers,was actually gonna back Bristol, will have a rethink. Thanks.
    hope they dont come back to bite me now lol

Bury fc in league 2 could be another to consider to beef up an accum too, i have em in mine above.
    They've signed some decent players and rumours abound their close to Paddy McCourt as he's away in spain training with em at the mo.
    He 'd be a great signing

For league 2 i think they have a very strong chance of auto promotion. 7/4 or better yet Top 7 8/13

Squad is maybe a bit thin at the mo but im sure they'll add a few more before it starts, money has come into there from somewhere..

Pretty much it for my ramblings anyway.. best of luck with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Van Persie Top goalscorer e/w @ 9/2 with PP(If you put 20 down on a topgoalscorer in the prem every time he scores you get a 2e free bet. Nothing mad about 2e but if he knocks in 20 goals then its 40e in free bets.)

Ross McCormack @ 8/1 with Bet365. Surely if he can knock in 20+ goals for Leeds then he can knock in a good number this year with a better team (Fulham)

Only ones i can contribute with so far lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Any thought on villa to be relegated next year? 11/4...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Any thought on villa to be relegated next year? 11/4...

Previous seasons I wouldn't of put you off but this season as a villa fan it's the first season I'm confident we won't be involved in the scrap now got the much needed experience back in that squad with Charles nzogbia Darren bent Alan Hutton jores Okore back from injury benteke to come back joe cole to do a job Kieran Richardson solid left back we have been crying out for and if we keep hold of vlaar core of a decent side Upto but think there's better 11/4 shots waiting a year to collect

Cheers for moving this infofun wasunt aware of this thread

• Advertisement

Avfctom wrote: »
    Previous seasons I wouldn't of put you off but this season as a villa fan it's the first season I'm confident we won't be involved in the scrap now got the much needed experience back in that squad with Charles nzogbia Darren bent Alan Hutton jores Okore back from injury benteke to come back joe cole to do a job Kieran Richardson solid left back we have been crying out for and if we keep hold of vlaar core of a decent side Upto but think there's better 11/4 shots waiting a year to collect

Hmm, I think bent is finished, only got squad number 39.

Think benteke will struggle for fitness, he got a bad injury. Hard to come back from it fully. Nzogbia past it....Hutton won't get game time even though he should. Vlaar is the shining light.

Anyways, I reckon united are generous price for top 4 even at 4/7

Hmm, I think bent is finished, only got squad number 39.

Think benteke will struggle for fitness, he got a bad injury. Hard to come back from it fully. Nzogbia past it....Hutton won't get game time even though he should. Vlaar is the shining light.

Anyways, I reckon united are generous price for top 4 even at 4/7

That's previous seasons mate bent was In the bomb squad along with Hutton nzogbia but now firmly back in the fold started every pre season game along with nzogbia and Hutton nzogbia is 27 and was out for a year with an Achilles injury wouldn't say he's past it

No money avaiable to lambert as Lerner out to sell but wage restrictions have been lifted to implement bent nzogbia Hutton back in the fold

Like I said previously last two seasons I was certain we would go this year I'm confident we will stay up comfortably

Agree with the United top 4 great price double that up with Madrid for la liga onto a good thing

My longshot for the season with winning the Europa league gaining you access into the champions league can see it being taken increasingly serious Everton at 25/1 and spurs at 14/1 to lift that trophy seem logical bets with the top 5 in the prem so strong best chance of making top 4

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭salmon1

I think the racing post have there preview of the leagues out tomorrow,usually a good read and might provide some help for season long bets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Hazard is the favourite for POTY and apart from sky bets brave 11, he ranges from 5.5-8 elsewhere.

So naturally he's not @4 to win Young POTY right? Right?

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/pfa-player-of-the-year

Bonus favour request. Let me know how much they let you put on it please.

Can't find young player market on skybet....

Tip for finding markets easily. Google search "Oddschecker + market name" and you'll find all the prices for it. Found this for you and it looks like Skybet don't have the market.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/pfa-young-player-of-the-year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Anyone got any sites online that have good previews of 2014 season for the main leagues.

I know Racing post has a preview, but am on hols and cant get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Wow.
    This is a stupid price.

Goals by top scorer. It's set at 26.5 goals which is high. Odds are 1.83 for both under and over. In the last 4 seasons this has been beat 3 times, so the odds are already favourable.

The two favourites RVP and Aguero are seriously both injury prone. Sturridge may the main man in Liverpool, but Liverpool will have more games this season and will rotate, and while Suarez is no longer taking a share of the goals, you have to admit that Suarez set up his fair share and gave the other players more space. I don't think Liverpool are going to score so many goals this season as the last.

I think that leaves Costa, and you can back him to beat 18.5 goals on BetVictor @5, which is also a great bet.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/total-goals-scored-by-top-goalscorer

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/diego-costa/total-league-goals

I linked it in my post

Got the racing post there, will have a look through it and post up most popular bets later.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Put a euro on Blackburn, Leyton Orient, Portsmouth and Eastleigh to win their respective leagues.

Returns 15,840 ha!

• Advertisement
Advertisement