Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Balanitis (Male Thrush)

Options
  • 22-06-2014 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey everyone :)
    I created this thread to find out more and to help people who have suffered from this illness.
    Medical advice isn't allowed, I think, but I would be really grateful if anyone who suffered from Balanitis were to share their experience, ie How long before it went away, what they were prescribed, home remedies (diet?), etc.

Basically, my story is that I'm going through this right now. I am not circumsized. I found out i had it around 10 days ago, by diagnosing myself using various website's examples of symptoms. I went to my GP, concerned about the irritation, and he informed me I did indeed have balanitis, and prescribed 1% Hydrocortisone 1% Clotrimazole cream. I was really careful about hygiene in the last week, did nothing wrong, but now, a week has passed, with very little improvement, and even though I have plenty of the cream left, it isnt recommended to take Hydrocortisone for more than a week. I looked online and people reported success using Head and Shoulders(!), or being prescribed flucanazole, but the GP costs 50 euro so im pretty unsure of what to do.

Has anyone else had an experience they could share? This may not be the right forum, so please move this if so! And please dont provide any real medical advice, I wouldnt like this thread to close! Thanks

What was the outcome of your experience (if any) with Balanitis? 5 votes

It went away by itself.
    0% 0 votes
    I just used an over the counter remedy.
    0% 0 votes
    I was given a prescription.
    0% 0 votes
    I got rid of it using one or more of the above options, but it came back.
    80% 4 votes
    I required a circumcision.
    20% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Count Fines

Sorry, just noticed two people voting saying they were given a prescription. I understand people may want to remain anonymous, but if anyone remembers what they were prescribed (whether it was oral or topical, anti fungal or anti bacterial) I would be grateful :)
    There isn't much information available on the internet about this issue, sadly.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement