Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning in afterhours.

Options
  • 11-08-2014 6:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

I received a warning yesterday from after hours from LizT for supposed personal abuse. However I feel my post was completely justified as I attacked the post as my opinion on the poster was based son this post.

Here's the post: "Let's leave aside that you sound like a complete príck. But do you really want to have to force 16 year olds to make choices that will effect what they do for the rest of their life?"

I feel that I should be issued and apology and that this warning should be removed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

You essentially called another poster a complete prick. That's personal abuse. I really can't see how you expect the warning to be lifted.

"Attack the post, not the poster" means dispute the other poster's arguments and opinions all you like, but don't make insulting comments about the poster themselves. You said the poster sounds like a complete prick. That's quite clearly attacking the poster.

Warning upheld. You may ask for an Admin to review this decision if you wish.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Penn wrote: »
    Warning upheld. You may ask for an Admin to review this decision if you wish.
    No need -warning upheld.

"You sound like a complete príck" is personal abuse in any language. Saying "you sound like" instead of "you are" is nowhere near being a defence. In fact you were lucky to only receive a warning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement