Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Would i be mad...

Options
  • 17-06-2008 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

To buy a car with a tuning kit installed by a professional tuning company? Im looking at a Mini cooper s with a GTT tuning kit on it. (I have researched GTT and they seem to be a very reputable company with plenty of good reviews that i read outside of their own website)

Everything else about the car, i love, its just that pushing 230bhp out of such a small engine cant be too good for its longevity?! Yes/No?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

I've read a good bit on GTT, they certainly know their stuff when it comes to Minis and turbo Reggies. 230 horsies isn't that much, the GP JCW works pack has 210bhp. The GTT demo has 300bhp! Sure, it might be a bit heavier on the driveline, but regular maintenance should be enough to keep it going just as long as a stock MCS.

In short, DO IT! It would be a lot cheaper than trying to buy a Cooper S and then trying to get work done to it here...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Thanks Espressi but i wasn't actually looking for an upgraded output car, it just so happens that the one with the various extras i want on it, also has a GTT Conversion. Id prefer if it didn't have it TBH, i would be on it like a hot snot! Ahh decisions...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 briankitson@yah

Tricky one alright. Once you have the extra power you'll wonder how you could ever have done with a slower car, and remapping also leads to greater fuel efficiency which is good seeing as it's so expensive these days. If it's done properly, and in particular any other parts that need to be upgraded to deal with increased power have been taken car of then you should go for it...only caviate being that you will need to service regularly as was mentioned previously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Just make sure you get it checked by a mechanic before buying it. I can't see there being a problem with the tuning kit though, so go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Thanks guys, your saying all the right things to me anyway :)

I really want to make sure it hasn't been track dayed or rallied though so will get mechanic to have proper look over it...

• Advertisement
Advertisement