Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Importing an 06 Forester

Options
  • 16-06-2008 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm on the edge of buying a 2006 Subaru Forester 2.5XT auto in the UK. The car isn't listed on the VRT website, and I can't get them on the phone. If, for whatever reason, I weren't to get the car cleared before July would it go on the new system or stay on the old? CO2 emissions are 250g/km, so it'd be top rate on the new system. Apologies if this has been answered before, i've done all the searches but I need to be SURE.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Motor tax would be in the old system, but the VRT you have to pay upon registration would fall into the highest band after june 30th (so 6% more VRT for this car)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Thanks for that, peasant. Better get my skates on so!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Not trying to hijack your thread, but i am currently driving a honda torneo euro r, 2.2 litre, and i have it a month but although its on irish plates now i havent registered it in my name yet, ie, i havent sent in the rf100 form cuz i was gonna sell it. do i have to do this before july now or becuase its on irish plates already am i ok? im first irish owner.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I brought a CRV in recently - it was listed as an estate in the body type section of the VRT calculator. The closest I could find to your subaru on the VRT calculator (used estate as body type) was a 2.5 X AWD.

Same here. I rang them today and was given a figure of €9,765 based on an OMSP of €32,552. This is way too high, given that Rathdown motors have an 06 with 19k miles that they'll sell for €27,000 straight. Apparently the only way forward is to pay it and then appeal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

You'd want to check the spec on the one in Rathdown motors carefully - my UK Exec CRV includes satnav the Irish one only has a bog standard head unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

better still buy the STI version forester.:D

digitaldr wrote: »
    You'd want to check the spec on the one in Rathdown motors carefully - my UK Exec CRV includes satnav the Irish one only has a bog standard head unit.
    I did. As you say, the Rathdown Motors one has no sat nav, whereas the one i'm importing does.
    markos79 wrote: »
    better still buy the STI version forester.:D
    I'd love to, but the gf can only drive auto. I guess 230hp will just have to do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Anan1 wrote: »
    Same here. I rang them today and was given a figure of €9,765 based on an OMSP of €32,552. This is way too high, given that Rathdown motors have an 06 with 19k miles that they'll sell for €27,000 straight. Apparently the only way forward is to pay it and then appeal.

Will I, really, really be the first to suggest buying the Rathdown one and a Tom Tom ?

• Advertisement

Advertisement