Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Libertas: US Military Contractors Against Lisbon!

Options
  • 10-06-2008 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

A closer look at Declan Ganley's "Libertas" campaign - the figures behind it and their motivations.
    featured image

On Sunday April 20th, Libertas announced that Ulick McEvaddy was "joining the No To Lisbon Campaign" and publicised the event with a photo-opportunity of the two 'entrepreneurs' in front of the Libertas Campaign bus [1]. McEvaddy is the first member of the Irish business and political elite to join the Libertas campaign since it emerged under the stewardship of Declan Ganley.

What's particularly interesting about this is that McEvaddy is the CEO of Omega Air, a US defence contractor (they supply cargo planes and inflight refuelling services to the US military).

Declan Ganley, president of Libertas, also happens to be president of Rivada Networks, a US defence contractor (they supply emergency communications networks to the US intelligence community).

Full story
    - WSM

After reading this and taking a few other things into consideration, like the CIA torture flights being condemned by the EU, the 2005 treaty that gave the CIA the right to interrogate Irish citizens on Irish soil, in total secrecy, for any reason they see fit, the mandatory water fluoridation (is illegal in alot of EU countries - real reason you cant bring water on a plane?) the new era of Orwellian mass digital surveillance we stepped into at the end of march etc. I was left wondering if a no vote would keep Ireland clenched in the U.S.’s imperialist fist. What do you lads think? I'm not directing that question at people who think everything is fine and will always be fine :p

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Reads like a CT thread to me - plus, the whole question of who's funding Libertas is the subject of other threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement